TotallyOz

Air India Sucks

• Members

Most likely I'll just book Thai Air on my return and cancel my last 2 legs on Air India.

LOL, did they forget to tell you that your tickets will be cancelled effective immediately upon your request but the penalty is equal to the face value of the tickets, plus a token paperwork fee of US$50.00.

HY15MOHAMMED_ALI_R_1144075f.jpg

Well, no you can't just go ahead and use them; they've been cancelled, remember? Sorry, it's company policy. There's nothing I can do about it!

Never-the-less, just to keep you happy, I'll be glad to issue you new tickets (at full price) just as soon a you present written proof in triplicate, properly stamped and verified from our home office that you have cleared that little US$50 overage on your account.

Home Office? Why it's in Delhi, of course. Open to the public most Tuesdays and from 1:45 pm to 2:37 pm Thursdays. Please arrive early as they make no exceptions for days they have a long line.

Oh, and payment is cash only, please.

NEXT!

I just made my return on Air India to Thailand before heading back to the states in 2 days for the winter. Let me just say that Air India still sucks.

I checked in Pune and had a ticket to New Delhi and then another ticket from New Delhi the next day to Bangkok.

I got to New Delhi and waited to get my luggage and they didn't come off the belts. I asked about them and was told they were checked through to Bangkok. I asked why and she said, "I think the guy didn't think you would want them for overnight." As my medicine, clothes, etc were in them, hell yes I wanted them. I asked if I could get them now, she said, "the office is closed but you can come back in the morning." This is in an airport that is bigger than 90 percent in the world.

I was very happy to see that they upgraded the Air India lounge. It was very well done and needed in a large airport like this where they are the major carrier. I asked about Wifi and was told, "sorry, we don't offer wifi."

LOL

The flights were bad. The seats were bad. The smell was bad. The food was bad. The experience was bad.

In the end, without question, Air India sucks! I'll never fly them again for any reason!

• Members

I just made my return on Air India to Thailand...

I take it Air India declined to refund your tickets. Hahahahahahahaha...

05HYMRM09-Simpl_HY_1477953e.jpg

"Sir, I have graciously explained many times why such a thing can not be done

but this American just keeps ranting on about some clerk in Bankock."