Guest hitoallusa

Have you seen Gravity?

Guest hitoallusa

I'm planning to see the movie on this coming Thursday and I heard good reviews about it. I usually read the full plot on the wikipedia but decided to watch it without reading the plot.. Any reviews from the fellow posters would be appreciated..

I'm surprised at the general negative reaction here. I thought the cinematography was incredible and their ability to create the illusion that they were in space the entire times was incredible.

It's also not easy for one person to carry a movie and Sandra was remarkable in that regard.

I suspect we'll see a lot of love from the Academy for her and the movie.

Guest lurkerspeaks

I agree the cinematography was pretty good, but I was not impressed with the story or with Sandra Bullock's performance. I only saw it because it had gotten such great reviews, and I walked away with an "Ehhh.. that's it???"

I saw Gravity the day after it came out, went and saw in 3D at IMAX and the visuals are Great! the story line not so much! agree with Lurker. It definitely kept my interest for 90 minutes but you have to suspend the reality...but I guess we do that for a lot of movies. What I did find interesting is that Sandra Bullock is in the movie for 90% of the time at the only actor! I wonder what George Clooney was paid as he is only in the movie for about 15 minutes total.

• Members

I agree Gravity is gorgeous and it's really worth paying for IMAX 3D.

But it starts off with the fiction we still have a space program and gets less and less believable from there.

I was on the edge of my seat much of the movie, so I suppose I enjoyed it, but other than the visuals nothing to rave about, for me anyway.

Guest hitoallusa

I have just seen it and it's a great movie. I read the plot on the wikipedia before I went but still it was fun and thrilling. Thanks for your reviews. I think you have to watch this in the theater to appreciate the movie.