Lucky

Someone Says They Know What I Really Think

• Members

It's being touted in this article as a new technology: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/13/business/in-a-mood-call-center-agents-can-tell.html?hp

By analyzing voice patterns, supposedly you can ascertain what a person really thinks versus what he says. It seems like a crock of shit to me. The whole basis for the analysis depends on what some third person determines voice patterns mean. I doubt they are any better at this than those folks who tell you they can determine what your dreams mean.

The article speaks of the helpfulness this could have for say, people in call centers. If you say how happy you are with their product, they can analyze your voice patterns and determine that you really think their product sucks.

Just like lie detector tests supposedly tell when you are lying. They are so unreliable that courts don't allow them as evidence. Yet they are used- often in employment settings- and believed, often with harsh consequences.

So now you have someone who will say that you don't mean what you say, and they know this as a scientific fact. Horseshit.

If only my typing patterns could reveal what I really think, you might learn that truthfully I love this new technology. Or not.

• Members

By analyzing voice patterns, supposedly you can ascertain what a person really thinks versus what he says.

The article speaks of the helpfulness this could have for say, people in call centers.

customer-service-guy.jpg

If you want my body and you think I'm sexy

Come on, sugar, let me know

If you really need me, just reach out and touch me

Come on, honey, tell me so . . .