RA1

Apropos almost nothing

• Members

Over the years I have noticed that most US boys are circumcised with perhaps a slight trend otherwise lately. A lot of European boys are not and many others from around the world are not. However, I seem to notice from ad hoc observation rather than personal interaction that most Asian guys are circumcised. Is there a religious, societal or other reason for this or am I incorrect? Just curious.

Best regards, RA1

• Members

You just haven't been seeing the same Asian guys I have. I see the opposite to be true. And perhaps it's time we stop lumping all guys of Asian heritage together. Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc. We assume that because they are all Asian guys, they can be put into one category. They would beg to differ.

Hypothetically, because I don't know for a fact, one group may have a history of circumcision while the other abhors it. Yet we lump them together and the subgroups get lost.

But here: Someone has ranked circumcision by country. perhaps that will help, if they are accurately reporting the statistics. http://www.photius.com/rankings/circumcised_men_country_ranks.html

See where the Asian countries rank and you may have an answer.

• Members

As mentioned, I have not seen any Asian guys and I also requested information regarding all of the stats.

Thanks for the reply.

Best regards,

RA1