Guest tomcal

Any other dog lovers out there?

I have always had dogs, usually Scotties but 8 years ago got my first French bulldog and loved it so much ended up getting two more and now have 3! When they say dogs are man's best friend, I totally believe it! I am lucky in that I have a Acre lot .. so they have a lot of room to play. They go everywhere with me and when I get the keys for the car they all go running to the front doorC!

post-119356-0-50025000-1381599519_thumb.

post-119356-0-21791400-1381599660_thumb.

post-119356-0-63545000-1381599691_thumb.

post-119356-0-37494100-1381599747_thumb.

• Members

I love dogs and have always wanted to have one but work always got in the way. When I retired a couple of years ago one of the first things I did was to get my first dog, a rescue beagle mix. It has been an awesome experience and I would love to have a second, but my girl is very jealous and wouldn't allow it. I truly know now what they mean by man's best friend and she brings joy to me every day. ^_^

Guest PasadenaCA

I love dogs and have always wanted to have one but work always got in the way. When I retired a couple of years ago one of the first things I did was to get my first dog, a rescue beagle mix. It has been an awesome experience and I would love to have a second, but my girl is very jealous and wouldn't allow it. I truly know now what they mean by man's best friend and she brings joy to me every day. ^_^

I have found two dogs easier than one. If you have one, you become the other dog!

• Members

I am very much a dog lover. My last two were Min Pins. The boy had cancer and had a leg removed at about 5 year's old. He recovered from the operation and enjoyed the last months but there is not enough therapy available for dogs (or humans). He would have done better with radiation but it was not available.

The girl was with me for 17 years and was an expert co-pilot. She always wanted to go and I took her on many, many trips.

A lot of folks seem to think that dogs cannot be good travelers on aircraft but mine were well behaved and not fussy at all.

At the moment I do not have any as I do not like to board them and I travel a lot when they cannot go with. :(

Best regards,

RA1

Many years back, I was living in Thailand and I wanted to have a home. I found a perfect home for me and the boys. It was 5 bedrooms, 5 baths with a pool and garden. We redecorated it and got it perfect. Well, almost perfect.

We were in Bangkok at JJ Market which is like a flea market and the biggest one you have ever seen. The boys and I were there and they have one area that sells animals and I came across this cute little Chihuahua. He was so tiny and sad and I knew he was mine. But, I didn't want him to be lonely so I bought him 2 friends. The three of them finally completed our "family."

Here are the little devils that tugged at my hard heart. :smile:

post-100001-0-66300600-1381629765_thumb.

post-100001-0-27140600-1381629768_thumb.

Guest hitoallusa

Aww.. they just melt my heart... :smile: I just love them... I hope they don't eat my shoes though... They won't like my response if they did.... lol.. :smile:

Guest CharliePS

I love dogs as long as they belong to someone else.

Funny, that's how I feel about children.

On the other hand, I have always loved dogs, and have owned one--sometimes two--for much of my life. I have had big dogs, little dogs, and middle-sized dogs; puppies, young adults and very old dogs; beautiful purebred showdogs and mutts. Our current canine companion is a mini Poodle whom we rescued from a shelter when he was nine years old and already going blind. He loves most people, but he doesn't like Scotties, a feeling which unfortunately he has transferred to Lucky, despite Lucky's efforts to ingratiate himself with Duke. We have to sneak away to visit Lucky's Scotties, and make sure there are no black hairs on us when we return home.