Lucky

Do You Use Grndr?

• Members

Well, then, consider this:

“When we first began looking at the data, we were surprised to find that 1 in 10 men on Grindr in NYC had never received an HIV test and we quickly realized we needed to look further into the issue.” Further analysis showed that the proportion of older men getting tested for HIV was notably higher than that of the younger men, with 1 in 5 young MSM between the ages of 18-24 having never received an HIV test. Comparing these men to the overall population of NYC MSM indicated that a higher proportion of men on Grindr had never been tested for the disease (10% of Grindr users versus 2.6% of all NYC MSM).

More: http://chestnyc.tumblr.com/post/61435732364/chest-research-spotlight-a-look-into-grindr-and-hiv

I would love to meet up with some of those NYC guys to ask them in person. But, alas, they never respond to me and I get frustrated when using Grindr in the USA. Using it in Thailand is much different. I can always get a date here and in Pattaya, it is a very quick date. Grindr in the USA seems to be for sexy guys only. I don't fit that prototype and thus little success in USA.

• Members

It really doesnt matter where you find anonymous sex: Grindr, sex club, bar pickup, hire......and it doesnt matter if they are young or old, and have been tested or Not.... what matters is that you ALWAYS assume people have been "exposed", and protect YOURSELF by excercising safe sex. You should NEVER depend on someone else to look out for YOU. If you dont care about Yourself, why should someone else care ? Its YOUR responsibility.....

Guest hitoallusa

Suckrates, I knew it when you said you knew "shoes".. A guy who knows shoes can very well be smart and cautious. A guy who is meticulous enough to know to take good care of his feet must be good at other things.. Cheers! :smile:

Guest Hoover42

Never use Grindr--I get enough rejection without it. ^_^

I don't know of any way to get on there and say, "Friendly Generous Old Guy LF Drunken Frat Boy to Suck Off" without getting instantly banned.

Though, I've occasionally downloaded and opened the app just to see if anyone cute is nearby.