Guest EXPAT

How will this resolve?

• Members

I don't know how it will resolve but it has made the U.S.A. the laughing stock of the world.

I seriously doubt that the rest of the world gives a flying fuck or even knows anything about this. Take a survey on Copacabana Beach (only because that would be my choice!) and see how many even know about it.

• Members

Probably the same proportion of the rest of the world knows about the US political and economic problems as those in the US, at least among those who have ready access to the so called main stream media. In other words, not many and not nearly enough. :(

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Saw a news clip yesterday with an Australian tourist disappointed because her family couldn't go to Yellowstone as they had hoped.

She was amazed that such a fuss was being made over health care as her countrymen consider it a basic right.

PS: They call their universal program 'Medicare'.

• Members

I thought Yellowstone closed for the winter by now but I see it is still open and, in fact. has winter activities. All a big change from when I went there as a kid.

I don't know about the Oz who can afford to travel to the US for a vacation but all the working people I know in that part of the world complain about their taxes. I suppose everyone does. However, somehow I don't quite get the dichotomy about bragging about their medical care and then complaining about the lack of facilities and how long it takes to see a doctor.

Why is it we have closed the things folks like about the US government and many we don't are still open? Is spying on us "essential"?

Best regards,

RA1

Guest zipperzone

I seriously doubt that the rest of the world gives a flying fuck or even knows anything about this. Take a survey on Copacabana Beach (only because that would be my choice!) and see how many even know about it.

I don't think that the inhabitants of Copacabana Beach are indicative of the intelligentsia of the world nor is the average man on the street in England, for example. The decision makers who count i.e. financial advisors, heads of foreign governments - the people who can directly or indirectly affect the economy are the ones who are doing the laughing.