Guest hitoallusa

Where is Adam Smith?

• Members

If one goes to BOS without a visa, one might be in trouble. However, AS is a former resident so one would have to expect prior privileges. ^_^

Otherwise, let us know how you are doing.

Best regards,

RA1

The privilege I enjoyed was to be in the wrong part of Boston's Chinatown at the wrong time of day, or rather night, apparently. Shortly after my last post here, four gentlemen materialized out of a dark alley and kindly relieved me of my cell phone (sole means of Internet connectivity) and laptop. The small knife one of them discreetly displayed dissuaded any notion of resistance.

Fiscal realities being what they are, it took til now to replace the goods. But, missing no vital anatomical parts, I can't complain.

It does seem a bit rich that I could spend 1.5 years stumbling comatose around Manahatto at all hours unscathed, then lil ol Boston is where I get bit.

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my AS, dear.. So glad that you are okay.. I'm so glad that you didn't get injured.. Did you report it to the police? It's such a dangerous world out there.

The privilege I enjoyed was to be in the wrong part of Boston's Chinatown at the wrong time of day, or rather night, apparently. Shortly after my last post here, four gentlemen materialized out of a dark alley and kindly relieved me of my cell phone (sole means of Internet connectivity) and laptop. The small knife one of them discreetly displayed dissuaded any notion of resistance.

Fiscal realities being what they are, it took til now to replace the goods. But, missing no vital anatomical parts, I can't complain.

It does seem a bit rich that I could spend 1.5 years stumbling comatose around Manahatto at all hours unscathed, then lil ol Boston is where I get bit.

• Members

Glad you are physically OK. You need to hire a hunky bodyguard regardless of whether you venture into any such places again. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest CharliePS

AS, I'm relieved to hear that you escaped from the alley with your virtue intact, but surely your mother told you "never carry all your [internet connective devices] in one basket."

That almost happened to me twice when I lived in NYC but the police happened to be there to preempt any mugging before it happened. Right place right time in my case. I'm glad that AS is OK.

• Members

Well Adam, I can tell you I was accosted and put in the hospital in Queens NY some years ago , also for being in the wrong place at the wrong time as well... Its a random act and can happen to ANYONE at ANYTIME. :zorro:

Grateful for all the good wishes.

As for avoiding the situation, I didn't mean to go to it; it came to me. I had traversed that block hundreds of times in 28 years of living there before, with no trouble. Suckrates (my sympathy for your own mess in Queens back when) seems right on both points -- crime is random, especially in dense urban environs, so what to do short of staying home?

The hunky bodyguard suggestion does have merit. :devil:

Of course if I ever disappear again, lookin's fear illustrated above should be seen into. Seek for me in some dungeon of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, as MsGuy has warned me of, more than once.