Lucky

Movie: Closed Circuit

• Members

Eric Bana is gorgeous in this movie, where he stars with Rebecca Hall in a legal thriller about defending a terrorist in the post 9-11 age. Reviews are mixed, and it is definitely flawed as well as fatalistic. I would recommend it for the small screen, but I did enjoy it and thought most of it was well done. It's unsettling, and that may account for some of the less stellar reviews, but it does raise important questions and was easy on the eyes with Eric Bana as well as the London scenery.

Slate: "But there are enough genuine moments of surprise to make this genre exercise an invigorating one."

NY Times: "“Closed Circuit,” a slick, tasty slice of late-summer nonsense from Britain, comes soaked in gunmetal blue and paranoia. The anxiety is well founded: they’re watching us. A lot — especially through the ubiquitous closed-circuit television cameras that dot London like neighborhood constables or plague sores, depending on your view of life in the surveillance state. Millions of these cameras watch over Britain, at least half of which seem as if they’d been tapped for this movie to lord down from lampposts and buildings over the little people below, including a concerned-looking yet manly Eric Bana and an equally fretful, fetching Rebecca Hall."

LA Times: ""Closed Circuit" is a crisply enjoyable, professionally executed paranoid thriller of the "everyone is out to get us" variety. In an earlier, simpler day, its plotting would have been dismissed as far-fetched, but that was then and this is now."

I have not heard of or seen this movie. It does sound like something I would like. I hope it comes to ITunes soon.

It just started in the theatre so it will be awhile for digital release.

Guest CharliePS

I have not heard of or seen this movie. It does sound like something I would like. I hope it comes to ITunes soon.

Obviously you don't watch the CBS/ESPN conglomerate of tv channels, where it is advertised about 4xhr.