Guest EXPAT

Meet the movie version of Christian Grey

After months of middle-aged women speculating and debating who should bring "50 Shades of Grey" and its hard core sex scenes to life, we finally have the answer: Charlie Hunnam and Dakota Johnson.

Author E.L. James tweeted the news Monday -- the bondage/sex freak role of Christian Grey went to 33-year-old Hunnam -- best known for his role on "Sons of Anarchy".

175328612-10-480w.jpg

Of course, Brett Easton Ellis chimed in that the first choice for Christian Grey was Robert Pattinson, as told to him by EL James, the author, at a dinner party. He also took time to reiterate that Matt Bomer was never in the running, which he claimed would have been unbelievable to have a gay man in the role. I find that incredibly offensive. Straight people play all kinds of roles and no one ever says that it is unbelievable that they could play that role because they are straight. Just another reason to NOT watch this movie or support it in any way.

d1zksng1.gif

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my that is really offensive thing to say. My Boomer can play a straight guy well enough... I don't think I would be able to tell he is gay if he had not come out.

Vulture did an interesting piece on Charlie Hunnam being cast asChristian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey, and called it a full circle with his Queer as Folk character, who started out young and innocent, but rapidly explored the world of sex and drugs with an older mentor. It’s worth a read just to have a publication like Vulture feed you the line “where he is convincingly, enthusiastically rimmed by Aidan Gillen.” I really need to rent both the British and American versions again.

Guest Fluffypuff

FF here, as lots of other people will be now that the other site is down.

I guess he's supposed to look like an iconoclastic, mega-wealthy tech entrepreneur instead of an investment banker. I would have preferred a brunette.

• Members

FF here, as lots of other people will be now that the other site is down.

I guess he's supposed to look like an iconoclastic, mega-wealthy tech entrepreneur instead of an investment banker. I would have preferred a brunette.

He may turn out to be BRUNETTE....?