boiworship

Tourquoise Party

Guest CharliePS

Wouldn't it be marvelous to have a get-together in Palm Springs early next year with some of the regular posters? I'd love to meet everyone.

Umm, I'm not sure where you have been, but the Palm Springs Weekend for posters to meet one another has been held every year in February or March since 2005. Oliver posts an invitation here every year, as soon as he has decided on the date. The gathering was started when Hooboy was still alive, before this site existed, but it is open to participants in this site as well as Daddy's, and Oz has attended it. If you want a separate get-together just for posters here, I'm afraid you will have to organize it.

• Members

Umm, I'm not sure where you have been, but the Palm Springs Weekend for posters to meet one another has been held every year in February or March since 2005. Oliver posts an invitation here every year, as soon as he has decided on the date. The gathering was started when Hooboy was still alive, before this site existed, but it is open to participants in this site as well as Daddy's, and Oz has attended it. If you want a separate get-together just for posters here, I'm afraid you will have to organize it.

Charlie, of course you're absolutely right. I posted this on a lark, not thinking about the get-togethers in the past. For some reason, I associated PS get-togethers with the other site. Sorry, man!

• Members

Oooh, someones panties are in a Twist.... Please get some Anti-sensitivity medication Charlie. Your reply seems, at least to me, a bit hostile perhaps ?

Guest zipperzone

oh please TY. Ill host...... I have a huge home..... But only for members with over 9" endowments.... You know how shallow I am. :yes:

Might I suggest you ask for proof of "qualifications" before allowing attendance?

Guest CharliePS

Oooh, someones panties are in a Twist.... Please get some Anti-sensitivity medication Charlie. Your reply seems, at least to me, a bit hostile perhaps ?

Not sensitive about the PSW at all--I have no investment in it--just pointing out that there already is a get-together if anyone here wants to attend it. Most of those who attend it, however, are regulars at the other site, so if someone would like to have another gathering just for posters here, it would have to be organized by someone other than those of us who live in Palm Springs--one per year is plenty of work for Oliver! I think your suggestion of having it in NYC is actually more practical; the first occasion of that type that I ever attended was one that Oz organized in NYC in 2004(?), that inspired the first one in Palm Springs.

the first occasion of that type that I ever attended was one that Oz organized in NYC in 2004(?), that inspired the first one in Palm Springs.

That was a great get-to-gether. And, I think Stella's was still open back then right?

I have always thought these get togethers were nice and fun. I had a nice time last year in Phoenix with Lurker and Townie in one that Lurker planned.

• Members

It is easy to imagine RR glomming onto this Russian proverb and using it until many were tired of hearing it but not tired of "using it". It is much harder to imagine Gorbi quoting RWE and his expressions of individualism and thereby taking them to heart.

Individualism and capitalism today in Russia seems to mean gang rule or mafia type rule. Corruption of any description is still corruption.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest CharliePS

That was a great get-to-gether. And, I think Stella's was still open back then right?

I have always thought these get togethers were nice and fun. I had a nice time last year in Phoenix with Lurker and Townie in one that Lurker planned.

I never went to Stella's, so I don't know whether it was still open. The dinner was at Sofia's on 46th St, and it was the first time I met anyone from the website--you, TY, marcantony, Cash4Trash, etc. Unfortunately, I could only stay for drinks and appetizer, because I had an appt with Jason Markus as the main course that evening.

I never went to Stella's, so I don't know whether it was still open. The dinner was at Sofia's on 46th St, and it was the first time I met anyone from the website--you, TY, marcantony, Cash4Trash, etc. Unfortunately, I could only stay for drinks and appetizer, because I had an appt with Jason Markus as the main course that evening.

I ate at Sofia's about once a week for many years. It was a few blocks from my house and the close proximity to both The Gaiety and Stella's was perfect.

Stellas was a lot of fun as well. Man, did I meet some great guys there. And, some stories I'll never share with anyone too. LOL

NYC. Amazing place!

• Members

Unfortunate for us but less so for you. I remember Jason Markus from that evening. Amazing how some images just stay with us. ;)

It was great meeting you and the others -- of all ages. Truly one of the social highlights of my 'mature' life. Thanks for coming and for bringing Jason.