TotallyOz

Wal-Mart to Cover Domestic Partners

• Members

Wal-Mart is an interesting study in contradictions. Many love to hate them and many hate to love them. Sam Walton went from rags to riches so to speak but never lost "some" of his down home personality. Drove a pick-up truck and flew an old 6 place twin engine aircraft himself. Originally they advertised nothing but US made products. But, that changed, drastically and dramatically.

Wal-Mart reputedly under pays and over works their employees. That almost surely will be the reputation of such a large company. Like most such, there is no doubt some truth to the supposition.

I don't know exactly what their employee benefits are and I think it might take a rocket scientist to completely figure it out. Not all employees are invested in health care or any other benefits. A large percentage of Wal-Mart employees are on state health programs such as Medicaid, etc. No doubt some are also on food stamps and other US programs.

Are many of Wal-Mart's employees at minimum wage and would you fairly characterize most of those jobs as entry level, such as flipping burgers is? I think they fall somewhere in between, partly because of some benefits.

I mean for this post to neither be an attack on Wal-Mart nor a defense of their policies, merely something to think about.

Best regards,

RA1