TotallyOz

The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the World

• Members

I'm surprised that neither Rio de Janeiro nor Sao Paulo made the list. The boyfriend had moved into a favela temporarily in the Complexo de Salgueiro to the west of Sao Goncalo. He has told me some scary stories about the drug trafficers that would make your toes curl and your balls shrink about life in there. Weird that Vitoria is on the list as of it and its neighbor Vilha Velha, I have only heard good things. For a big city, quite special I've been told. And don't trust the whole story too much as to their desccriptions, as they got the spelling wrong for Macelo. It is actually Maceio.

Yours,

IHOP akaFavelaDweller

• Members

Very interesting. I lived in #5 Torreon, Mexico for five years from 2000 to 2005. I loved living there during that period and felt it was very safe at that time so I was somewhat surprised to see it on the list. I suppose much of it is the result of drug trafficking which I have heard had become a serious problem. Very sad to me personally to see it on the list.