Guest EXPAT

New Fall CW shows I'm looking forward to

I'm really looking forward to the ABC premiere tonight of "Agents of SHIELD". After a string of hit movies, the Marvel superhero universe comes to the small screen in a series that’s also Joss Whedon‘s first series since since 2009′s Dollhouse. After The Avengers, the world knows there are superpowered beings, aliens and a bunch of unimaginable threats. Thus, it turns to the relatively-ordinary people who work for S.H.I.E.L.D. to try to deal with these extraordinary threats.

I watched it tonight. Not as good as I had hoped, but not as bad as it could have been, IMO. I'm bothered a bit by the actor playing the team leader.

I did like the little tidbits they put in for Marvel fans - references to other characters, etc.

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT?

My favorite when they slipped in a line about a 'journey into mystery' (the title of the comic in which Thor debuted decades ago.)

I agree it was a mess because they were trying to do too much in the first episode. We'll see how it settles down in the next few weeks. I stopped watching "Sleepy Hollow" because it is a huge mess and they are trying way too hard IMO. This guy waking up 260 years later and is barely reacting to the technology around him makes no sense.

I am really enjoying the new James Spader series, The Blacklist. I love me some James Spader in the morning, noon or nighttime.

I did enjoy the first episode and it looks promising.

• Members

I am really enjoying the new James Spader series, The Blacklist. I love me some James Spader in the morning, noon or nighttime.

Yep, love James Spader and the pilot was very good, action packed (looked expensive). Though iy gets a bit stupid if you think through it afterwards. And the female lead not knowing anything about her own life... But I'm looking forward to more!