Guest EXPAT

#TreadLightly #BreakingBad

Guest NCBored

No spoilers, please or warn us in advance! I've been working my way through the last 2 seasons. (I watched the first 2? years, then picked it up again this spring, but AMC re-ran the complete series this summer and I've been watching it daily to catch up.

This week's episode has to be one of the best written, directed and acted show EVER on TV. My mouth was open the entire time.

@IFuckingLoveThisShow

I completely agree. I hope the Emmy's recognizes this show next year.

Anna Gunn has written an opinion column for the New York Times about the misogynistic reaction her Breaking Bad character seems to inspire. “I finally realized that most people’s hatred of Skyler had little to do with me and a lot to do with their own perception of women and wives. Because Skyler didn’t conform to a comfortable ideal of the archetypical female, she had become a kind of Rorschach test for society, a measure of our attitudes toward gender. ”

Guest NCBored

Anna Gunn has written an opinion column for the New York Times about the misogynistic reaction her Breaking Bad character seems to inspire. “I finally realized that most people’s hatred of Skyler had little to do with me and a lot to do with their own perception of women and wives. Because Skyler didn’t conform to a comfortable ideal of the archetypical female, she had become a kind of Rorschach test for society, a measure of our attitudes toward gender. ”

Interesting article - thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware of the animosity toward the actress or her character. While she hasn't elicited the same seductive sympathy as Walter, I don't recall ever really disliking the character. I think the one thing she has in common with Walter is that her first priority is her family, and that overrides her moral compass, eventually.

I really liked what Walter was doing in his phone call to his wife (while the police were listening in). As always he was saving her and she realized it. Loved that.

Such a great episode.

I really liked what Walter was doing in his phone call to his wife (while the police were listening in). As always he was saving her and she realized it. Loved that.

Such a great episode.

It took me probably 30 seconds or so to realize what he was doing on that call - especially because of his treatment of Jesse earlier. Great writing & great acting!

I liked that as well. I also thought perfect that they put Jesse in a meth lab and chained him up like a dog. :smile: That I was not expecting. The simple touch of the photo at the end was just delicious.

I think it's Walter's relationship with/treatment of Jesse that I struggle with most. At times he has been almost fatherly, but last night he really threw him to the wolves.

One of the reasons that Walt's speech to Skyler was so effective, IMO. was because it mirrored one of his greatest flaws - the inability to see HIMSELF as responsible for all the murder & mayhem. It's always some ELSE's fault, in his view.

I thought you guys weren't going to do spoilers!

Sorry, Lucky - I made that original plea for either no spoilers OR an alert & tried to adhere to it initially, but perhaps in the recent exchange, I lost sight of it.

:(