Guest FourAces

Fuck Microsoft

Guest FourAces

I use a hotmail account a few times a month. Today signing in I receive this notice:

Help us protect your account
Since you're trying to access sensitive info, you need to use a security code to verify your account. How would you like to receive your code?
WTF? Anyway I go through the steps to get the code enter it then I am taken to a page where it wants me to update about two dozen pieces of info.Nothing for me to udate but no way to access my mail.
FUCK THEM!

Guest EXPAT

Microsoft has so many problems at all levels. Their operating system is a disaster. Their apps are riddled with too much history and are now to onerous to use. Word is still useable for now at least. Their corporation has become a giant elephant that can no longer innovate. They need a major re-build on all levels.

They need a major re-build on all levels.

Starting with the CEO. But even if the board could somehow be convinced to sack Ballmer, it would take a Lou Gerstner to fix the place. A few people I know who work there say it is fully as bad inside as it looks from the outside: that it has gotten to be like Digital Equipment Corp. in its waning years. Visionaries fled long ago, internal processes stifle everything, politics uber alles.

Guest gcursor

You guys are SO screwed because Bill Gates IS GOD!

Heaven was outsourced a long time ago to Microsoft. You had also better start to love Windows operating system because God sends out his sermons on the Windows 8 platform. I am warning you that you do not want to be branded an "unbeliever" because the penalties are quite severe! A whole section of Heaven is devoted to individuals who still work in the DOS operating environment because they offended God in some way. Oh and don't even THINK up Apple when you're in Heaven because people who do that are typically banished to Earth where they work at GAMESTOP selling videogames for the rest of eternity.

gc

Guest NCBored

I use a hotmail account a few times a month. Today signing in I receive this notice:

Help us protect your account
Since you're trying to access sensitive info, you need to use a security code to verify your account. How would you like to receive your code?
WTF? Anyway I go through the steps to get the code enter it then I am taken to a page where it wants me to update about two dozen pieces of info.Nothing for me to udate but no way to access my mail.
FUCK THEM!

My primary email account is Hotmail, and I don't remember seeing anything like this,

UPDATE: When I try to edit my account settings. I'm asked for my password. I see there is an option for 'two step' security, which requires an additional code when you attempt to login from 'unfamiliar' devices.' This must be what you're encountering.