Guest catawampuscat

Overage boys!!

Guest catawampuscat

Enjoying a wonderful bloody mary at Memories Beer bar, the other nite, this intrepid undercover reporter discovered a new and potentially dangerous trend among the gay tourists in Pattaya/Jomtien..

An elderly (older than me) farang is his 70's has a Thai boyfriend in his late 40's.. Shocking!!

Disgusting!! Where are the morality police? Is this overage outrage legal?

My friend was telling me of a sweet older man who had brought his Thai man to the beach with him and the Thai man was fast approaching 50 years of age.. His body was in great shape and of course his face was weathered but the Thai could have been the grandfather of some of the boys, many Sunee regulars obsess over..

Of course, this is tongue in cheek and I hope nobody takes it too seriously, but I find it curiously

charming and as far as I know this relationship is fairly unique althou the reverse is all too common..

I have enjoyed the company of several Thai men in their mid-thirties and some friends of mine find this rather queer but I wonder what they would think of the 47y.o. bf...

Guest ToyFan

If you find that shocking, which I suspect you really do not; I have a charming Thai friend in his mid-60's. He has a younger farang boyfriend, in his late 50's. Okay, the Thai looks 40.

If you find that shocking, which I suspect you really do not; I have a charming Thai friend in his mid-60's. He has a younger farang boyfriend, in his late 50's. Okay, the Thai looks 40.

I believe age does not matter , does it ? ( Of course over 18 please )

I always find the older gentleman to be better in bed anyway. that's just my opinion. :)

May be I expect too much with the people younger than I.

Guest mauRICE

I believe age does not matter , does it ? ( Of course over 18 please )

Since you posed this as a question, I would say it does matter. Of course, there are other related factors that help forge and sustain a relationship like a meeting of the minds, commonality of purpose, communicative and social compatibility, a supportive environment, physical attraction, and a touch of difference and intellectual competitiveness to keep it interesting. I don't list love as an independent factor as I believe it is borne and nourished by all the aforementioned elements, almost all of which have age as a major/minor determinant.

I'm in my early thirties and already finding myself out of place among the giddy twentysomethings. Perhaps it's because I have no desire to fit in. My twenties are fairly fresh in my memory and while I had a good run, I have no interest in 'reliving' it anytime soon. I've got a low threshold for banalities hence I don't think I can ever live in Thailand long term. If I did, I'd probably be a regular tea guest at Hedda's to preserve my sanity! Puerility may be a pardonable hallmark of youth but in Thailand, I find that it unforgivably extends to many fifty/sixtysomething farang, making it very difficult to form good friendships there, either with Thais or farang.

We don't know what the exact terms of the arrangement between the 70+ farang and the 47-year-old Thai are but their situation is not as unusual as it may seem. There's still a thirty-year age gap between them which I believe is quite typical of the farang-Thai 'relationships' we discuss here. Perhaps they've been together a long time, perhaps they are both looking for someone who's settled in life and is less likely to go astray, perhaps they have an open relationship, perhaps the Thai guy doesn't want to wait too long...

Having said that, I find it amusing when I hear of a sixty-year-old farang speaking of growing old with his 40-year-old Thai boyfriend. Forty isn't even middle age yet! Thai culture and economics afford anyone with the spending power the ability to buy sex and companionship from younger men or women, as many forum members going through a sexual renaissance in LOS can attest to. And if you look closely, most Thai sugar daddies are in the forty to fifty age range. They could be having that second run around the block just as the farang in his fifties or sixties are. The Thai guy may be older but that doesn't mean that his tastes veer towards the old.

Lastly, I'm curious as to the application of the term 'ageist' by older farang on younger men who do not reciprocate their advances. Surely, ageism in its broadest sense is discrimination based on age. If that is the case, then what would these older farang who consistently seek out twenty-year-olds call themselves?

Guest mauRICE

Enjoying a wonderful bloody mary at Memories Beer bar,

With Tobasco and Worcestershire sauces? Except at high-end hotels and restaurants, rarely would you find a proper Bloody Mary in Thailand.

What is middle age. We are taught about a life span 3 score plus 10 so where does middle age start

You suggest that 40 is hardly middle age. I think it is all in the mind.

On sawatdee it was suggested that 35 was middle age. I am just getting used to that, but 35 or 40

still seems so young. But it depends on whether you are 40 or 60 even 70 as to what is middle age

No One will agree, everyone will have a different point of view, who cares

Guest catawampuscat

With Tobasco and Worcestershire sauces? Except at high-end hotels and restaurants, rarely would you find a proper Bloody Mary in Thailand.

Yes, a large tumbler of tomato juice and vodka is served with a bottle of Worcestershire sauce, a bottle of authenic Tobasco, ground white pepper and a salt shaker.. I have heard Memories also makes a mean Margarita but haven't tried one yet..Memoires is a special bar with a long time American couple Ralph and Jack and with the irrepressible Oud, they make a unique trio and it is always

a pleasure to pay them a visit and the boys are friendly and hot as well..

Anyone try the Sky bar just across the soi? An outdoor beer bar should work and I will have to

stop by next time I am lucky enough to be in Pattaya... B)

No One will agree, everyone will have a different point of view, who cares

Well Said Paulg.

To each his own.

There is a famous "saying" in France, " Les Gouts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas " which means that " Taste and colors" isn't the best subject to argue about. Too much taste and too much colors :p