TotallyOz

Take a Look at Gay Montreal

We have started to work on the City Guides a great deal more. We will be rolling out each city with updated information in the next several weeks/months. It is a time consuming process as the research along takes a long time. However, we have many cities completed and it is time to start bring this section of the site live. It is our goal to have BoyToy server as your one stop place for gay information around the world. :smile: (big goal I know) :smile:

http://gaymontreal.boytoy.com/index.php?mdf=city_guide&gCityID=28

We have also added Montreal as a subforum to a new area called North America. Check out the forum as we have lots of great info there.

Hopefully, others have know the area better than I will make comments, additions, etc. Any new businesses that are listed in that forum, will be added to the master list and to the front end City Guide area.

Guest hitoallusa

Wow very nice! :smile:

"Even if you do decide to visit Montreal in the heart of winter, you’ll find the boys are easily hot enough to warm you up – and you can travel around much of the city underground and avoid the snow."

Lol.. very enticing..

"There you go, my darling divas, kinky twinks, burly bears, and delicious drag queens – enough Montreal hot spots to make you forget about the cold of winter!"

So who came up with these expressions? Oz you are a natural!

Guest FourAces

OZ the following is with much respect. Its just my feelings so please do not take it personally.

First I think its great that you are updating and adding information to the city guides. The fact you want to be the number one stop I believe is within your reach but obviously will take some time.

I do not understand two things .... first the easy one. Why is the new North American forum and several others proceeded by the word "gay" on a gay site? And there doesn't seem to be any reason as example you have Gay North American, Gay Asia, and Gay Africa. But two forums in the Far Far Away section do not even use the word gay. They are Latin America Men and European Men? I don't think the word gay in the title of the other forums even needs to be used.

Also, what troubles me is the new Gay North American Forum with a sub forum of Montreal. Why? Is each city gonna get its own sub forum? Thats gonna be a lot of forums. I cannot wrap my head around why we need this forum or sub forum. Especially a sub forum.

Anyway just my thoughts. Always wish you the best.

Thank you my dear!

"There you go, my darling divas, kinky twinks, burly bears, and delicious drag queens – enough Montreal hot spots to make you forget about the cold of winter!"

So who came up with these expressions? Oz you are a natural!

:smile: Thanks.

OZ the following is with much respect. Its just my feelings so please do not take it personally.

Never never worry about me taking something personally when you are giving advice or making comments. They are always greatly appreciated.

I do not understand two things .... first the easy one. Why is the new North American forum and several others proceeded by the word "gay" on a gay site? And there doesn't seem to be any reason as example you have Gay North American, Gay Asia, and Gay Africa. But two forums in the Far Far Away section do not even use the word gay. They are Latin America Men and European Men? I don't think the word gay in the title of the other forums even needs to be used.

Also, what troubles me is the new Gay North American Forum with a sub forum of Montreal. Why? Is each city gonna get its own sub forum? Thats gonna be a lot of forums. I cannot wrap my head around why we need this forum or sub forum. Especially a sub forum.

Anyway just my thoughts. Always wish you the best.

The reason for the word gay in them is simple: SEO I want the search engines to read the site as a gay friendly site and let users out there who don't know about the site read up on the site this way. With carefully used keywords, this puts us in search engines in a different way that will bring the right readers to the site.

As for the forums, so far we have nearly 90 cities written and many of them researched. Each city has from 40-60 different listings. As opposed to getting them all bogged down in a few forums, I put them in sub forums to make them easier to find. For example, if you want to visit Chicago, we will have a forum for that city and you just click it and everything is organized in that area for you to view. That does not mean that every topic about Chicago is in there. The sub forums are mostly for listings of businesses and places of interest to those that travel.

Not sure if I explained myself well or now. But, what are you thoughts?

• Members

I actually came into this forum to record a "Thank You" for all the information on Montreal as I just discovered that sub-forum LOL

Thanks for adding all the current information on Montreal. I just read all the details as I have a trip there (the first in many years) booked in October.

Keep up the good work!

I actually came into this forum to record a "Thank You" for all the information on Montreal as I just discovered that sub-forum LOL

Thanks for adding all the current information on Montreal. I just read all the details as I have a trip there (the first in many years) booked in October.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate your comments!

Please do post about your trip and give us some more up to date info on this great city! Montreal holds a dear place in my heart and if the dollar hadn't plummeted, I might have been calling myself a Quebecois.

Guest FourAces

OZ thanks for the reply. The first part of my question is completely understandable .. SEO is so tricky.

I see the change you made for North America but I am still having problems understanding the concept :( I am slowing down in my old age I guess.

But all I can see is a long list of cities creating the forum to become absurd in length as you add each new place. Also, I do not see the benefit in allowing members to post in these forums ... as routinely they post their travel experiences anyway. So as an example instead of firecat posting about his latest adventures in Miami in one stream of thought .. he would now post in each appropriate section under Miami in the North American Miami forum?

It seems really unnecessary to combine these city guides with the forums. I am trying to look at it from all views, member, lurker, business and so on and cannot think of any real advantage. I really feel they should be kept separate from the forum. They have their purpose but lets not take away the purpose of the forums for them.

I'll leave it at that and move on now ^_^

Guest NCBored

Perhaps the differences & relationships between the Guides & the geographic forums is unclear.

At present, the city guides seem to be accessible only from the main boytoy.com page? (although they're off-screen - you have to page down to see them)?. They appear to exist outside the Forum, with no mechanism for comment.

The new(?) idea seems to be to put a list of city-specific clubs, venues, etc. within the forums and allow members to provide commentary and updates (via comments).

I'm not sure why the resources should be in 2 different places, but I think the guides and resource fora should cross-reference each other.

And perhaps the Forum names could be more descriptive - putting 'resources' or guides' or something in the title?

Or maybe I've misunderstood something.

But all I can see is a long list of cities creating the forum to become absurd in length as you add each new place.

You are right there. I have not figured out how to solve this and see make the last forum comments visible to all members.

It seems really unnecessary to combine these city guides with the forums. I am trying to look at it from all views, member, lurker, business and so on and cannot think of any real advantage. I really feel they should be kept separate from the forum. They have their purpose but lets not take away the purpose of the forums for them.

Unfortunately, it is very necessary to have them here in order to allow comments, info, input and keep them up to date. There is really no other way for me to get great feedback on the establishments. For example, yesterday both Lurker and MarcAnthony gave me 10 more listings for Montreal that I will add. I am hoping that others will also contribute in other cites and help make the database really amazing.

The new(?) idea seems to be to put a list of city-specific clubs, venues, etc. within the forums and allow members to provide commentary and updates (via comments).

I'm not sure why the resources should be in 2 different places, but I think the guides and resource fora should cross-reference each other.

And perhaps the Forum names could be more descriptive - putting 'resources' or guides' or something in the title?

Or maybe I've misunderstood something.

Yes, it was added here to allow for comments, etc. It is in two different places as many that use the forums do not use the front end and vice versa.

I agree this name needs to be changed and will be. The initial forum is set to be Gay Guides but I am open to change. It will also be at the bottom of the page beneath the main forums. I realize it will be a long page, but in the end, I think that resources from 100 cities around the world with gay data and info will be very useful for many.

I hope I have answered your questions OK guys. If not, please ask more. I love getting input, advice and comments.