Lucky

I Hate Stories Like This

• Members

We all know that life can turn on a dime, but this seems to be a really rotten thing to happen. Can't a young couple just have a nice visit to the Grand Canyon?

From Reuters:

A married couple killed by a lightning bolt near the Grand Canyon this week was identified on Friday as tourists visiting from Thailand.

Aram Kawewong and wife Ratchaya Tantranon, both 20, were among a group of people struck by lightning on Tuesday at the LeFevre Overlook, about 30 miles north of the Grand Canyon National Park, the Coconino County Sheriff's Office said.

The two tourists, from Chiang Mai in northern Thailand, were pronounced dead at the scene.

Guest hitoallusa

Well it is tragic and sad that this happened. We all die at some point and don't know what happens after that. But faith is something that keeps us going. Faith that if we feel these things to be sad and tragic then our creator will feel the same way about it. I don't know what is happening to these cute kids after the tragic accident but I have faith that God has plan and will do something for these poor kids who died unfortunately here.

• Members

This is a tragic outcome. Snakes such as pythons have been exotic pets for a while and they have unusual considerations. As the article states, they ordinarily do not seek to attack anyone except when they are hungry. Even then, according to snake owners, they generally will only seek prey that is small enough for them to consume. I have heard of one python owner who woke up finding his pet snake with an arm up to the shoulder inside the snake. He did not panic (the owner) and just remained still while the snake "realized" that he could go no further with this "meal" and backed off, leaving the owner intact and the snake still hungry.

Sorry this happened.

Best regards,

RA1