Guest EXPAT

Splash Bar NYC closing on Aug 10.

Guest EXPAT

This was always my go to place when I lived there in the 90's and always when I visited. It's too bad because I'll be in NYC in early September and I will miss their closing. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go to XL, Therapy and Townhouse instead. They will be closer to my hotel anyway.

• Members

Who goes to bars anymore, when you can dial up your smartphone and get a hookup without spending hours or small talk the big buck on drinks..... Sign of the Technological times. Now if I could just dial up a Big cock without it being attached to an Asshole, I'd be a Very happy camper. :yes:

Guest EXPAT

Actually only 23% of guys going to gay bars are looking for immediate hookups. And I think that percentage is really high. I think the article I read on NewNowNext probably had the right idea that XL Nightclub has stolen the younger crowd and that the location of Splash is now out of the way now that Hell's Kitchen is the new gay hotspot.

NewNowNext probably had the right idea that XL Nightclub has stolen the younger crowd and that the location of Splash is now out of the way now that Hell's Kitchen is the new gay hotspot.

That seems right. I lived in Hell's Kitchen and it was sort of a pain to hoof down to Splash compared with being able in one evening to easily check what was up at Posh, Therapy, Industry, Vlada, Bar-tini, HK on event nights, Escuelita if so inclined, etc., etc., even before XL opened to offer direct mainstream club competition to Splash.

Guest EXPAT

Dougie Meyer and Steve Sidewalk are proud to announce that immediately after the closing date of August 10th, much of the family that consists of Splash, will have a brand new home. We will be bringing to our new location, much of the management, bartenders, hosts and dj's. Also coming to our new location will be many of Splash's signature events such as Musical Mondays, Gay College Tuesdays, Dougie Meyer presents Saturdays & Classic Disco Sundays.

A full press release will soon follow, announcing the location and specifics of our new venture. We rushed this announcement for our loyal customers whose outpouring of support has been overwhelming. Our Team & Nightlife family will have a brand new home and will only grow to be bigger, better and stronger.

Splash will continue to be open in full force until Aug 10th and we will be going out with a bang!

PLEASE SHARE THIS POST ON YOUR WALL & WITH YOUR FRIENDS.

Our Grand Opening will be the event everyone is talking about.

Click the link to get on our VIP list and be the first to know!

http://www.mailermailer.com/u/signup/1047477n