Guest FourAces

under the dome?

Guest FourAces

i watched a recent episode online and am a bit hooked. problem is to see previous episodes its ppv at amazon like 2.00 a show. anyone watching is it worth it?

Guest Hoover42

I do like the show, primarily because I have a huge crush on one of the characters. "Barbie" Swoon. :w00t:

The pilot episode was good, but the show does seem to be weakening a bit by episode 4.

CBS was showing the episodes for free directly from their website,that's where I saw the first three episodes. I didn't try to watch episode 4 until this weekend so I thought I just waited too long. Fortunately, I have Amazon Prime so it was free for me to watch there.

Try checking the CBS website the day after the show (which airs Monday night) and see if it's there.

p.s. the book is available online in Kindle form too if you're REALLY interested ^_^

Guest EXPAT

if you have cable, I'm sure it's on demand. It's on demand on my cable. It's developing differently from the book. So it will be interesting to see where it goes. CBS has already said they are bringing it back for next year. So it will have to go in a different way from the book to last for a few seasons.

Guest NCBored

I'm a big King fan and finished the book earlier this year. I've been watching the series and I'll admit that all the changes from the book have bothered me a bit. I would have been happier if HBO or Showtime or FX, etc. had tackled it, rather than one of the more mainstream networks - the show seems pretty sanitized, to me.

But it is still holding my interest.

Guest EXPAT

Anything by or based upon Stephen King I find to be too unbelievable to hold my interest.

I LOVE LOVE his book 11/22/63. JJ Abrams has optioned the book for a new movie or mini-series. It's a great story of an alternative to life if Kennedy hadn't been assassinated.

• Members

I only saw the first episode but was massively unimpressed. Glad it's some people's cup of tea--or it got better.

Streaming the show is almost certainly free w/ Amazon Prime and that's just a side benefit to discounts and free expedited shipping if you shop their often!

Guest FourAces

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I probably will get a Amazon Prime subscription. I had one a ways back and used it fairly often but did not renew after the year.

btw I did not read the book so I really don't have some of the preconceived notions those that did do.

Under The Dome has turned into a big disappointment. It has strayed very far from the book and now that it has been renewed they are going to have to make up more stories. I'm not thrilled with the wild and strange stories. I suspect that they are trying to create a new LOST and maybe it will come together but I'm not so sure I'm interested in sticking around to find out.

The fight club and that new woman character is so ridiculous that maybe the show has jumped the shark in just 10 episodes?

Guest NCBored

Under The Dome has turned into a big disappointment. It has strayed very far from the book and now that it has been renewed they are going to have to make up more stories. I'm not thrilled with the wild and strange stories. I suspect that they are trying to create a new LOST and maybe it will come together but I'm not so sure I'm interested in sticking around to find out.

The fight club and that new woman character is so ridiculous that maybe the show has jumped the shark in just 10 episodes?

I watched the first 4-5 episodes and was ambivalent. I had the rest on my DVR but I keep bypassing them - to the point that I'm not sure I WILL watch them.

I still think it would have been best as an HBO or AMC mini-series (maybe a one-season show). Network TV can't do justice to the book, IMO.

Under the Dome has really gotten worse. It's so badly written. I feel like I'm watching a B- SyFy movie.

They better get better or people will start leaving en mass. They should learn from The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad on how to build characters and get the viewers to care about them. That hasn't happened in 11 episodes of Under The Dome.