ihpguy

Music Of Our Youth/Prime(?)

• Members

The beach quiosque/kiosk across from my home is only open on weekends and almost only plays old-time dance music. From my twenties to late thirties. Stuff like the Donna Summer songbook through the Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine oeuvre. Today they threw stuff in like the BeeGee's Night Fever, Instant Replay by Dan Hartman and Shame by Ms. Evelyn. Every day there's a different mix to keep me swaying as I water the lawn and play with the kids.

I'm just wondering is there any muscic from the last five to ten years that will still be that memorable thirty years from now. Katy Perry, Amy Winehouse, Perry Como? The kinds of stuff that makes you want to "Put On Your Boogie Shoes" so "I Will Sruvive" because "That's The Way I Like It?"

Guest zipperzone

Perry Como - last 5 to 10 years???

Isn't more associated with 20 to 30 years ago? I have not heard a song by him in ages.

• Members

Perhaps there is someone ancient around?

smiley4134.gif You rang?

Perry Como, mellifluous though he may be, is a mere parvenu compared with the enduring greats like Ted Fio Rito, Little Jack Little, and Basil Fomeen. To this day, nothing gets me into my 'boogie shoes' quicker than hearing the needle dropping onto the shellac of Diga Diga Doo !

old-guy-dancing.jpg

Perry who? :rolleyes:

• Members

Today they played "More Than A Woman" from Saturday Night Fever and followed that with "YMCA" by the Village People. Quite a difference in subject matter. And of course, right at sunset I was able to enjoy Miss Donna Summer wailing away to "Last Dance." It put a smile on my face. I can remember right now the first time that I was dancing to that song in a disco. The extended version. Wild and crazy times back then.