Guest hitoallusa

Questions for tool guy :)

Guest hitoallusa

I have an old CASIO 465 Sound Tone Bank key board. I believe it was purchased more than 15 years ago. I haven't used it for a long time and stored it in my closet without taking the batteries out and there was a battery leak during the storage, I guess. I am using vinegar to clean off the dried battery leak residues but not sure I will be able to turn on the power on after clean up is done. It seems the circuit board is not damaged by the leak. If it is reparable then what do I have to change if the power doesn't come on? The circuit board doesn't have any battery leak on them and it's clean. Any advice on this will be appreciated. Boy I need a husband for these things.. :smile:

Guest FourAces

You might have to change the battery contacts and housing. I know there are more educated people that myself about this so hopefully they will chime (pun intended ^_^ ) in.

• Members

If you can't change the corroded battery contacts, you may be able to sandpaper them down to shiny metal. The important thing is to make a good connection between the contacts and a new set of batteries.

You can also look in your closet for the AC adapter that came with the keyboard. That's another way to get power to it.

If you can't find it, Radio Shack sells universal AC adapters. Take the CASIO along with you and ask the salesperson to show you the right connector for your unit. :rolleyes:

Who knows? You may even find a husband!

MK-AY601_GADGET_G_20090928182840.jpg

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my Four Aces and Lookin, thank you for your advice. You guys so wonderful. Yes I carried the thing to a local Casio AS center. The service guy said he couldn't change the battery contacts since my model is pretty old so he doesn't have parts for it. Luckily it worked well when plugged in with an adapter at the service center so I just have to use an adapter from now on whenever I use the keyboard. It cost me around 20 dollars overall. Now I have to find the case for it. Anyways, thank you guys, I panic whenever I have to fix something and glad I have people here to ask about it.

The guy at the service center was tall, built, well groomed and had this wavy hair. He looked like a movie star. He was friendly but I guess he is friendly to everybody. Sigh.. I know someone whose husband is a handy man, literally, so he fixes pretty much everything and take care of two kids. He raised them so well; both kids are so smart and talented.

Guest hitoallusa

RA1, please drink tea. It is good for your body and liver.

My poor liver positively shivers at the thought of playing "cardinal" using these phrases. :smile:

Best regards,
RA1

RA1, please drink tea. It is good for your body and liver.

He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

Psalms 104:14-15

• Members

"oil to make his face shine." I knew oil could make a man's wallet fatter and perhaps put a smile on his face which could be one definition of shine but don't gals (and some guys) put powder on their faces so they won't shine? :smile:

Regardless, wine always makes my heart glad and in fact makes me glad all over. :smile:

Best regards,

RA1

Guest hitoallusa

I dream of the future where there is no alcohol for drinking.

He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

Psalms 104:14-15

• Members

[quote name="AdamSmith"

And that crack that the Jews would of course manage to find the one patch of land in the Middle East without any oil under it.

[/quote

That is part of the story line, isn't it? If it weren't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all.......

Best regards,

RA1