Guest zipperzone

Way to go Republicans !!!!!!

Guest zipperzone

The title might suggest that tis be posted in the Politics forum, but I think it should be here so as many members as possible will see it.

I have just read in "Queerty" that the Republican controlled State of INDIANA has passed a law that makes it a felony for same-sex couples to even APPLY for a marriage license. The state is also willing to jail any clerk who issues such a license and also jail any minister who performs such a ceremony.

If a same-sex couple asks for a marriage license, that felony is punishable with up to a $10,000 fine and 18 months in jail. Everyone else would face misdemeanor charges which are punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a $1,000 fine. This new law comes into effect in July 2014.

There is already a law on the books that states it is a felony to improperly fill out a marriage license (give false information) so by their bigoted logic, as there is a space for "male applicant" and "female applicant" any same-sex couple's application would immediately be in violation of improperly filling out the application.

I have great difficulty in understanding how, in this day and age, such a Draconian piece of legislation could be be even suggested, let alone passed.