Guest FourAces

Happy Roswell Day

Guest FourAces

Google has a fun interactive doodle to mark this anniversary. And as usual plenty of links and details about the Roswell incident.

Do you guys believe there is living intelligence outside our universe?

Do you think we captured a Alien from another world?

(1) Intelligent life elsewhere in the universe? There has to be. See the Drake Equation. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

And of course the old crack "They must be intelligent -- you don't see them looking for intelligent life down here."

(2) Have we had a visit yet? No way. As Arthur Clarke said, "If I came 2 billion light-years to see you, believe I wouldn't spend another 200 years lurking around in the shadows trying to find a parking spot." :lol:

I know Erich Von Daniken proved it had to have been extraterrestrials who set up the Easter Island statues. But as Thor Heyerdahl went and saw, if no aliens are handy that day, then a couple dozen men with ropes and log rollers will have to do. ^_^

• Members

Obviously you have never been to the Air Force Museum at Dayton where I personally almost got ejected by the Air Police while diligently looking for LGM.

Best regards,

RA1

Little Green Men for those not yet exposed. ^_^

Little Green Men for those not yet exposed. :smile:

LOL. And how could the thread have gotten this far with no sniggering about their fascination with...

Anal Probing
probing_175.jpg
Greetings, Earth Human, we have traveled millions of light years to explore new planets... and now, we seek to explore Uranus!
Alien 1: Couldn't we, at least, abduct their political and religious leaders, instead of just any idiot in a pickup truck?
Alien 2: I'm sure the Great Leader has his reasons.
Alien 1: Well, I'm sure the Great Leader is just some sort of twisted ASS FREAK!

One of the most pervasive (and perverted) story-telling tropes of Alien Abduction lore amounting to being nothing more than a very vulgar form of Orifice Invasion. In other words, it's Exactly What It Says on the Tin.

All humans taken on board a spaceship against their will are subjected to grueling tests and experiments by their Strange Captors for intended purposes ranging from studying foreign biology, researching the prospects of interbreeding, and monitoring for long periods of time via tracking chip implants.

Fortunately for the abductors, all three of those things can be achieved through a single method which involves inserting vaguely described alien technological instruments into the rectal cavity of the victim. If the audience learns anything about the probing tech itself, it's usually never much more than just what it looks like, which is typically either an insanely large torture device with pincers and needles and spinning blades mounted on a rotating head or a dildo.

Naturally, the trope can be used to great effect to either showcase the sheer horror of or, more frequently, use Vulgar Humor to explore the total absurdity of the nature of Alien Abductions; it can also be a novel way of fitting jokes about gay sex (abductees depicted as being subjected to this are much more frequently male) and rape into a story or work.

Anal Probing is a Dead Unicorn Trope. This trope is rarely, if ever, taken seriously in fiction, and even when it's supposed to be seen as something truly horrible and undesirable, there's usually enough room to interpret the trope's use as Comedic Sociopathy. Real Life UFO abduction communities, which would seem like the most likely place to hear straight-forward examples, don't even discuss probing as something that exclusively involves the rectal cavity (if they do at all).

The Science Fiction equivalent to a cavity search.

Be on the lookout as well for puns about space programs launching probes to Uranus.

See Also: Ass Shove, Vulgar Humor; Half-Human Hybrid and Mars Needs Women which are both popular motivations for one kind of alien probing or another. This trope is practically synonymous with The Greys and is often evident whenever Aliens Are Bastards, especially if the probing doesn't appear to have any real significance apart from torturing the abductee.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnalProbing

• Members

Somehow you left out or gave short shrift to the abductee enjoying himself. ^_^

Aren't all encounters after midnight on Saturday somewhat alien in character? ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

LOL You are perfectly describing the scene at after-hours establishments in NYC (and doubtless worldwide) after 4am nominal closing time on Sat night, i.e. Sunday morning. Almost always something out of Star Wars.

To which situation both of your observations apply. ^_^