Guest lurkerspeaks

A short Rio update

Guest lurkerspeaks

A good friend of mine is in Rio now, but just for a couple of days. He has reported that prices on almost everything are up from last year. Food, taxis, subway, and even the garotos. Even an Acai at Big Bi has gone up in price. Not sure if the price increase will stick or if it was because of the Confederation Cup.

He said that last night at 117, the boys were all asking for $R100 or more. None would take less than $R100 (but that is still just $44 USD).

And for anyone curious, for his short stay, he booked 2 nights at the Atlantico Copacabana. He did get a (decent?) rate of $150 per night. He was given a delux room, which is the one with the small, closet-like sitting room up front. He reported that the only things updated seem to be the room airconditioner, and the wifi (much more reliable now). Otherwise, the same old tired furnishings from the 70's.

• Members

Unfortuantely not true on the prices that the boys charge. But maybe because my portugues is good enough that they know better than not to start too high. This past Tueday night at 117, almost every boy started at 100 or 120. One I have been with in the past only started at 80Reais. They all want an extra 20 to cum. However, if one is at any sauna on a night where the client/boy ratio is quite high, the price will come down. Also, later on in the evening, with the guys having thoughts of leaving, the will ask for less and cum for no extra charge.

Yep, prices have gone up. It is now 2.75 for the bus. Or about 1.30US. Not too bad. Por quilos are still the best way to go. However, some such as Siqueira Grill charge much more than others. So check the prices before entering. Also, the more expensive ones will have more expensive items, so if you are happy with grilled chicken, fraldinha,picanha, etc. and don't need the fancier sushi and lamb, walk past the higher priced ones for the next or the one after. They almost all have two prices posted. One if one lunches between Noon and 2PM, and another for before Noon or after 2PM until whenever.

BigBi is in Zona Sul. Expensive. One should expect to pay about 1.20 - 1.50 per 100ml. At Praca XV, the price just went from 5Reais to 5.80Reais for a 500ml cup of acai, for example. Still not outrageous. I think that the biggest increases that I have seen are for milk and eggs. Paying 1.50-1.65US per liter of milk and 2.00-2.50 per dozen medium/medium-large eggs.

And for anyone curious, for his short stay, he booked 2 nights at the Atlantico Copacabana. He did get a (decent?) rate of $150 per night. He was given a delux room, which is the one with the small, closet-like sitting room up front. He reported that the only things updated seem to be the room airconditioner, and the wifi (much more reliable now). Otherwise, the same old tired furnishings from the 70's.

That is quite low for the Atlantico. Although, I would not stay there, I guess I can see why others would. I would think renting an apartment would be better quality for the same price though.

As for the 100R, I have heard boys asking for that for years. They do need some cost of living increase. :smile:

Guest litogruet

For what its worth, i went to point 202 for the first time wed. It was like a casting call for latinboys.com

Even if only half of them appear on a slow night. It would still be like heaven. Met a guy who offered eighty. I countered with 50 real andwe agreed with 60 with free cabine. I don't know if it's free room night but i wasn't charged a cabin fee when i left. The guy wasnt good but ijust wanted to lose my sauna virginity anyway since i was too nervous. Ill check out meio mundo tonight

• Members

That is quite low for the Atlantico. Although, I would not stay there, I guess I can see why others would. I would think renting an apartment would be better quality for the same price though.

As for the 100R, I have heard boys asking for that for years. They do need some cost of living increase. :smile:

"They do need some cost of living increase." I strongly concur. Rates go up all over the world, and one should adapt if he desires to enjoy himself while traveling. Then contrasted with the rates that the guys charge in the Northern Hemisphere,R$100 is not bad at all. These young men have to live.

{I've given the sauna boys from R$50 - R$100, nothing higher or lower.}