ihpguy

Confederations Cup - Final Party & Then The Game

• Members

Down here, the country is basically closing down for the match - Selecao Brasileira vs. La Furia Roja.

Beforehand, they are having some of the best of Brasilian music for the closing ceremonies.

Anytime you can here Ivete Santgalo, the drum corps of Grande Rio and Jorge Ben Tor, like Martha says, "ït's a good thing!

Turn on the tube and maybe your cable package will have the musical performance as well as the game.

Besides my favorites on the Spanish side of Pique, Iker and Busquets, take a gander at the new young twinky subbing for Brasil - Oscar - pronounced oh-SKAHR. I'm not sure which photo I like the best, Tongue out ready for ??? or sitting on that football and wishing it were my face?

If you have tickets for the Maracana this Sunday, then make sure you get there early. As part of the build-up to the final of the FIFA Confederations Cup Brazil 2013 between the hosts and Spain – a match featuring some of the greatest names in world football – the legends of Brazilian popular music will get the fans on their feet in the tournament’s closing ceremony, which starts at 17:25.

Under the slogan All In One Rhythm™, the show will feature samba star Arlindo Cruz, sertanejo duo Victor & Leo, axé singer Ivete Sangalo and MPB’s very own Jorge Ben Jor, with the drum group GRES Acadêmicos do Grande Rio also putting in an appearance.

The closing ceremony will last 18 minutes and will showcase the joie de vivre of the Brazilian people and the power of football to bring people together. To help them get the message across, the performers will have the support of 1,250 volunteers, selected from 7,011 candidates.

The doors to the stadium will open at 15:00 on Sunday, an hour earlier than at the two other games held at the Maracana, with the final kicking off at 19:00.

The local authorities have urged fans to use public transport to get to the stadium. Supporters with tickets for the big final between Brazil and Spain can travel free of charge on the metro and rail network. Additional bus services will also be laid on, while the streets around the stadium will be closed and parking prohibited in the area to allow fans to move around easily.

post-122724-0-46237800-1372614893_thumb.

post-122724-0-72350000-1372614914_thumb.

post-122724-0-66808200-1372614933_thumb.

post-122724-0-23255500-1372614953_thumb.