Guest NCBored

Any Chromebook users among us?

Guest NCBored

My sister just bought an Acer Chromebook because she needed something very lightweight but with a real keyboard and inexpensive. I suggested it to her because she really only used her netbook for email and web-browsing, and never stored anything on it.

She has had trouble learning to use it, and the Acer support people told her she can't user her Yahoo email account on it. I don't understand why she can't access her Yahoo account through the Chrome browser - or is there something different about the browser on Chromebooks?

Any Chromebook users here?

Guest FourAces

NC I might be wrong but I think you are confusing Chrome browsers with the Chromebook OS which is different. I am not sure why someone could not access Yahoo email using it. But I have heard the OS is somewhat limited.

If you can still return it check out a guide at komando.com (under show picks I think). It is for budget (NOT cheap but budget) laptops. Maybe a better solution?

Good luck ^_^

• Members

I have a Samsung Chromebook that I use when traveling. No problem whatsoever accessing my Yahoo email account. Tell her to just google yahoo mail. She must enter her email addie and password on the Yahoo email account.

Of course it will be easier(and better) if she signs up for a Gmail account also.

The only problem I have with my Chromebook is that Amazon refuses to allow amazon Videos to play via chromebook - silly if you ask me.

Guest FourAces

The only problem I have with my Chromebook is that Amazon refuses to allow amazon Videos to play via chromebook - silly if you ask me.

Do you think its Amazon or instead possibly Google blocking it? I mentioned this as I think Google has more to lose if you use Amazon since Google offers the same video streaming service.

Guest NCBored

Thanks fro the responses. I think the Google tech support person may have misunderstood and thought t she was talking about replacing the gmail app or something.

We did access her Yahoo account via the Chrome browser. For some reason, it would not allow her make Yahoo her home page, nor could I even bookmark one of the Yahoo opening pages, but I was able to bookmark her Yahoo email for her.