Guest FourAces

I Fucked Up (Fuck Yahoo)

Guest FourAces

When I signed into my yahoo email this afternoon I was presented with two choices to switch to their new email. One was full featured and one was basic. I was using the classic yahoo email for years being able to get around their forced upgrades.

As usual in very small font yahoo had their remind me latter hidden on the page. When I was it my intention was to click on it which gives the user another 90 days before bothered again. Yep you know what happened already ... in error I clicked on switch now and there is no way back :( I hate the new format.

I receive about 25 emails a day at this address that I have had for years .... well over a decade. Now I need to switch, yes I hate it that much, to either gmail or maybe the new msn outlook. I guess I will have my yahoo email forwarded it that option is still there if not FUCK ... I am rambling cause I am so upset with myself and with yahoo right now.

With you all the way. For ten years my Yahoo email has been one thing that stayed the same. I hate change and having to learn new crap that I did not ask for nor will benefit from.

Long ago in selling shit, I learned that when you need something from the client/prospect, of course you always start off, "For your convenience..."

:(

• Members

Are you talking about the entire Yahoo or just the email pages?

Every now and then, when download throughput is slow, I'm asked if I wish to revert to classic yahoo email (it loads faster). Also, on other rare occasions I have stumbled on a button to revert to classic yahoo. They try to hide it and they do a good job of it but I suspect it lurks somewhere if for no other reason than they probably keep it as a backup incase the new software ever shits the bed.

• Members

Unfortunately you really have no choice in the change as it eventually was going to be forced upon you. So you really did not fuck up and it is reasonable to say that Yahoo fucked it up for you. Here is what I found on their email help site when asking about changing to classic:

Do I have to switch to the new Yahoo! Mail?

Resolution

Beginning the week of June 3, 2013, you will be prompted to switch to a new version of Yahoo! Mail, because older versions of Yahoo! Mail (including Mail Classic) are being discontinued. See how to switch to the latest version of Yahoo! Mail.

While you can delay switching for several weeks, beginning July 9, 2013, you can only access your Yahoo! Mail if you switch to a new version. You should have received an email from Yahoo! letting you know if your account required a change.

From: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN8519&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1371904039305&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

And from what I gather, you can only forward Yahoo mails to another account if you have Yahoo Mail Plus ($19.99/yr).http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/manage/manage-67.html

Btw, I have email accounts in Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail, and that is my order of preference for how they work best at this point in time for my needs.

• Members

The only constant is change. Nextel, which I have had for 12 years mostly through inertia, is discontinuing last day of June so I was forced to choose something else.

I suppose one thing to be grateful for is that there are many email selections that are still free of fees. Of course, adverts and the like pay the freight so some time is likely "wasted" in using them. Still........

Best regards,

RA1

Guest CharliePS

I have had a yahoo email acct for a dozen years, and it was fine, but when I got the message that wayout quotes above, I switched to the new version, and I, too, hate it. I use IE as my regular browser, but it doesn't work properly with yahoo any more, so I have to switch to Chrome just to read my yahoo email. (If you ask why I don't just use Chrome all the time, it's because I have never been able to figure out how to navigate around in it, so I downloaded it and use it only for yahoo mail.)

Guest NCBored

I have had a yahoo email acct for a dozen years, and it was fine, but when I got the message that wayout quotes above, I switched to the new version, and I, too, hate it. I use IE as my regular browser, but it doesn't work properly with yahoo any more, so I have to switch to Chrome just to read my yahoo email. (If you ask why I don't just use Chrome all the time, it's because I have never been able to figure out how to navigate around in it, so I downloaded it and use it only for yahoo mail.)

I too had been using Yahoo classic, but last week, it suddenly was replaced by the new version. I don't recall ever seeing a prompt or message.

However...I am using it in IE 10 and I'm not aware of any problems. What are you having issues with?

Guest CharliePS

I'm using it in an older version of IE, and it is incredibly slow to do anything. It often seems to require multiple clicks before it responds to any command. With Chrome, it is very quick and needs only one click.