AdamSmith

Chilling effect of NSA surveillance on the open Internet

• Members

I "fear" a lot of things, this being high on the list. It is no doubt inevitable but we are becoming more and more dependent upon technology for even the most mundane parts of our existence. How did we survive without and before air-conditioning, TV, the internet, Cher, etc.?

I fear the government just shutting down the internet during a real or imagined "crisis".

I fear our over reliance on GPS. A lot of young pilots out there couldn't find the ground without GPS (until they ran out of gas).

During a road trip, wives are unable to fuss at their husbands, because the husbands actually know where they are and how to proceed courtesy of the GPS. This is bound to cause more dissension among married folks. We all know spouses prefer to grouse. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my RA1, you seem to have your mind on marriage, spouse, martial issue and etc..... Do you plan to get married soon???

I "fear" a lot of things, this being high on the list. It is no doubt inevitable but we are becoming more and more dependent upon technology for even the most mundane parts of our existence. How did we survive without and before air-conditioning, TV, the internet, Cher, etc.?

I fear the government just shutting down the internet during a real or imagined "crisis".

I fear our over reliance on GPS. A lot of young pilots out there couldn't find the ground without GPS (until they ran out of gas).

During a road trip, wives are unable to fuss at their husbands, because the husbands actually know where they are and how to proceed courtesy of the GPS. This is bound to cause more dissension among married folks. We all know spouses prefer to grouse. :smile:

Best regards,

RA1

Guest hitoallusa

Obama says the surveillance program is transparent. Not sure whether that is a right vocabulary to use in describing a secret agency's program. Our talented English major, AS will be able to comment on that statement. I believe in my Obama. His smile is so wonderful to look at. ^_^

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/17/obama-nsa-surveillance_n_3455771.html

• Members

Pardon my French, änd not to be racist, "but there's a ni_ _ er in the wood pile" or how about "don't pis in my boot and tell me it's raining.

Both Obama's are very intelligent people. Michelle had an incredible position at the UofC Medical Center, earning big bucks while being able to look after the girls, before giving it up for a much less-challenging position. Maybe, just maybe, before entering office in 2009, they had no clue what was really going on in the whole anti-terrorism campaign. (War?) And then after the victory and learning what was the reality, they had an Ö'Shit moment?

I have an acquaintance who is well connected into the government, who revealed to me, while inebriated, that Richard Reed, the failed shoe bomber, was not the first. The actual first was successful and the US public was just kept in the dark. And that is why we are now continuing to remover our shoes when going through security.

We, the uneducated and uninformed, despite all of our complaints, really have no idea what is going on around the world.