Guest hitoallusa

Dick Cheney: Snowden a traitor

Guest hitoallusa

Well is Snowden going to be able to step on US soil again? I hope he can come back. Cheney exhibits the same thinking process he exercised when going into war in Iraq. I think one's habit is hard to quit. I don't know whether Snowden spied for China or not since I don't have any evidence to support either claim. I hope Cheney can wait till be has evidence.

http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2013/0616/Dick-Cheney-Edward-Snowden-a-traitor-who-likely-spied-for-China

Guest FourAces

I respectfully disagree with you.

I am far from a Cheney fan but after much thought I think he might have this one right. As Cheney says if you believe in freedom so much why would you go to one of the most restrictive countries in the world after disclosing the information Snowden did?

Thats a great question and I think we will find out that Snowden had other motives for what he did and was not acting as a concerned US citizen.

• Members

I was surprised that Snowden went to Hong Kong and I, at first, thought it was to avoid or delay extradition which is still somewhat possible. As we all know, Hong Kong was a British Colony until 1999 and China still treats it far differently than it does its' own mainland. So, in a way and by comparison, it does offer more "freedom" than mainland China. Calling him a spy for China may be a smoke screen to besmirch his character. Who knows?

So long as this story is front page or near front page news, likely we will learn more but also likely there will be more smoke.

Best regards,

RA1

Well, if Snowden had "other motives," he looks to be pursuing them in about the stupidest way imaginable. Been widely noted that he could readily have straight out sold his material to interested parties for considerable sums, used same to vamoose, and saved himself a lot of trouble.

My vote: patriot.

• Members

What good is money if you have been "terminated"? I have had this discussion with a number of wealthy folks and they tend to agree that money will not buy safety and I think this is especially true if a federal government is after you. Political favor has some chance but, like you, I see little evidence of this.

Best regards,

RA1