Guest FourAces

What Is This?

Guest FourAces

This year at the WSOP at least at the final tables there is a mouse like device to the right o the dealer. You might be able to see it is wired not wifi. I can tell you it is never touched or moved electronically thus itis not a camera. It does not appear to be a mic as the sound would be uneven at such a large table.

Any idea what this might be? I'm going crazier than normal trying to figure it out :lol:

post-100094-0-26313100-1371259307_thumb.

• Members

It looks like a boundary layer mic to me. They are very wide angle and there may be a supplimental mic or two. But as long as there's no background noise and the dealer doesn't rake it with cufflinks or something every deal it would do a pretty good job of getting the table's audio even by itself. They're often used on stages, boardroom tables, and are even good for micing a piano.

Guest FourAces

WOW you are good. I think you nailed it. I did not feel it was a mic at first but I it makes sense now as I have never seen a boom mic or at this point the players mic ... yet the viewer can hear all the action. Thanks James it truly was driving me crazier than I am :o