TotallyOz

Fuck Marco Rubio

It is obvious that Marco Rubio does not like gays. Here is what he said about the Immigration bill that Leahy has filed an amendment that would give gays and lesbians immigration rights.

"If this bill has in it something that gives gay couples immigration rights and so forth, it kills the bill. I'm gone. I'm off it," he said. "I've said that repeatedly. I don't think that's going to happen, and it shouldn't happen. This is already a difficult enough issue as it is."

Now, may I ask why on earth he is such a douchebag?

• Members

Do some Latinos try to observe or act like they observe their Catholic upbringing? Remember we need to learn how to speak Spanish ASAP. ^_^

He isn't too old to learn better, is he?

Best regards,

RA1

Guest EXPAT

Republicans still don't realize that young people feel gay issues are non-starters and that they should be treated equal. So as long as they continue to preach this stuff they will die a slow to fast death (we can only hope).

Guest hitoallusa

Once again he is so cute and dreamy but does this dramatic things.. It will change. It took a long time for women to be accepted. It will take time but gays will be eventually accepted.

ThinkProgress spoke with the Florida Senator at the opening luncheon of the annual Faith and Freedom Forum on Thursday and asked him about the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), a bill to make discrimination against LGBT individuals illegal across the country.

Though Rubio bristles at the notion of being called a “bigot,” he showed no willingness to help protect LGBT workers from discrimination. “I’m not for any special protections based on orientation,” Rubio told ThinkProgress.

KEYES: The Senate this summer is going to be taking up the Employment Non-Discrimination Act which makes it illegal to fire someone for being gay. Do you know if you’ll be supporting that?

RUBIO: I haven’t read the legislation. By and large I think all Americans should be protected but I’m not for any special protections based on orientation.

KEYES: What about on race or gender?

RUBIO: Well that’s established law.

KEYES: But not for sexual orientation?

Then again when Leahy first introduced this amendment at the committe level, none of the other Democrates on the committe would vote for it, including Schumer, Feinstein, and Franken. I feel especially insulted when they rush to help illegal immigrants before helping gay Americans. All of them, especially those Republicans who support immigration reform for illegal immigrants, are pure political opportunists, and certainly not presidential materials.

• Members

Sorry guys, but this dickwad may run for POTUS in 2016 and the battle lines are drawn. He hates gays and we need to be sure he stays in Florida where he belongs.

If this surprises you, his LGBT views or the dominant GOP view on gays, then you need to read the home-town paper more.

Before he can run for president, he has to run for the GOP Nomination. That his why he is trying to have it both ways on the Immigration bill, supporting it in the foyer and badmouthing it in the cloak room as "not strong enough" so that it gets overheard. He wants a bill to pass that doesn't lose him the base. Gays? Forget it, no matter what he really thinks. And I doubt that is good.

As for 2016, I was downgrading Christie's stock as the base has been downgrading it. But with Rubio, Cruz and Paul splitting the right wing vote, he may cross the line ahead of the others to be the one Hillary faces. He would be her strongest opponent IMO.

As for 2016, I was downgrading Christie's stock as the base has been downgrading it. But with Rubio, Cruz and Paul splitting the right wing vote, he may cross the line ahead of the others to be the one Hillary faces. He would be her strongest opponent IMO.

Agree with that. It occurs that Christie could be playing the long-game calculation that by nomination time, GOP primary voters may finally have had enough of losing the general election, and that his name on the ballot could be what turns out moderate voters in enough numbers to offset the extremist voters who tend to dominate the primary process.

• Members

Christie seems to currently be in the running for RINO of the year but what the heck, Dems only too well resemble their symbol all too often.

Best regards,

RA1

Christie seems to currently be in the running for RINO of the year

You think? He seems pretty credible when he rattles off things he's done and doing on the conservative side. (Although I confess not being able to recall any right now, and too lazy to Google them. :yawn:^_^ )

• Members

If this surprises you, his LGBT views or the dominant GOP view on gays, then you need to read the home-town paper more.

Before he can run for president, he has to run for the GOP Nomination. That his why he is trying to have it both ways on the Immigration bill, supporting it in the foyer and badmouthing it in the cloak room as "not strong enough" so that it gets overheard. He wants a bill to pass that doesn't lose him the base. Gays? Forget it, no matter what he really thinks. And I doubt that is good.

I'm not sure we'll ever see a Republican president again. They're the Whigs of the 21st century.

• Members

Agree with that. It occurs that Christie could be playing the long-game calculation that by nomination time, GOP primary voters may finally have had enough of losing the general election, and that his name on the ballot could be what turns out moderate voters in enough numbers to offset the extremist voters who tend to dominate the primary process.

Cannot agree with you, sorry. I don't think much will change from the last two elections. The right wing will bleed itself with too many candidates while the 'moderate' will cross the line. As many wackos as their are in the GOP, there are a great many GOP wanting a less extreme agenda. They do not have to be a majority if the wingers slice up their support for multiple candidates. See McCain and Romney as the prologues.

The question is will the winger egos take backseat to general election success by bowing out early on for one of their brethren. Not exactly the nature of a political animal.

• Members

You think? He seems pretty credible when he rattles off things he's done and doing on the conservative side. (Although I confess not being able to recall any right now, and too lazy to Google them. :yawn:^_^ )

I don't think conservatives and Republicans are synonymous words. BO has kept on doing some things that Bush did or started. Does that make BO a Republican or conservative or Bush a liberal. The most likely choice is Bush is not as conservative as many would like which might make him a RINO candidate also. Sort of.

I like Christie but, of course, not everything he does. I don't even like everything that I do. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest hitoallusa

Same here nobody is perfect. I just want someone who are balanced. Not too idealistic but also not too realistic. Obama wasn't experienced but who can be experienced in running a nation? That experience is given to one or two persons per decade.

I like Christie but, of course, not everything he does. I don't even like everything that I do. :smile:

Guest FourAces

Such a shame that one would start to micro select who qualifies for immigration reform. After they omit gays are they going to go after the handicapped or drug users or straight people with HIV or single women or?

Where does it stop to satisfy their sick twisted better than thou puritan minds?

Guest hitoallusa

I think he looks a bit like classic movie actor. I can't point to a specific actor but I think he is lady killer. ^_^

Cute? If you love huge ears.

• Members

Such a shame that one would start to micro select who qualifies for immigration reform. After they omit gays are they going to go after the handicapped or drug users or straight people with HIV or single women or?

Where does it stop to satisfy their sick twisted better than thou puritan minds?

Slightly different point but the US immigration policy has for many, many years mainly excluded those who are "mainstream" English speaking, qualified workers. It has been very difficult for most coming from such as England, Australia, New Zealand, western Europe to immigrate to the US unless they were the very top of their field (and sponsored) or professional athletes, movie stars or very lucky (there is a lottery for those folks).

If you were politically oppressed or had a recognizable "world" problem, immigrating was/is much easier.

Of course, I am meaning legally immigrating, not sneaking across the border or being here on a travel/visitor visa and just not ever leaving.

Best regards,

RA1