AdamSmith

Past NSA whistleblower Drake on how bad it really is

Guest hitoallusa

Why are these leakers all handsome? Anyways, even though Drake tried to resolve the issue within the NSA, it didn't work. There must be something that hinders it. So unfortunate to lose you g talented guy like him. I hope someone in the agency and the administration stand for him. I would if he were one of my colleagues.

• Members

This laundry has needed airing since the Patriot Act was re-upped. It should have taken place then much more robustly. Fortunately, it has finally gotten the attention of more than just the few. Half the Congress wants to bury the topic, the other half open it up. I hope interest doesn't wane before we really find out what is going on.

I suspect it will take a court case challenging the Constitutionality before much if any of this gets rolled back. Nobody wants to be blamed for the next attack due to killing any these programs whether it could be proven or not. Easy to make charges. Difficult to prove a negative. That Court challenge will take some miracle getting the Court to hear it above the Executive's objection that no one has standing since anyone can't argue damage done to them, because the programs are secret. That has already killed some suits.

Guest EXPAT

For all the complainers about this situation especially some politicians now, they will be the first to get yelled at if we miss another terrorist attack due to lack of intelligence. So it will be interesting as TY says how this will be resolved because no one wants to be seen as soft on crime yet I can't see any of this passing muster with the Supreme Court.