Gotti

117 Feels The Heat

• Members

A few months ago I've heard Rio's sauna 117 raised their admission price from R$ 35 to R$ 45 AT ONCE! That's nearly 30% in a country where the inflation rate is around 6% a year. I was very curious to find out how this steep raise played with the customers. Nobody in this forum that reported on 117 in the last few months mentioned any big change at least regarding attendance so I assumed that it didn't have much of an effect. Tonight I managed to go there for the first time since the admission went up and I was in shock. Less than half the number of customers, same with the number of boys. Tuesdays are their biggest night (free suites) and the waiting time for a suite at peak hour (8 to 9 PM) that used to be around an hour or even 90 minutes on specially crowded nights was no more than 10 to 15 minutes tonight. Before or after the peak time no waiting at all. They also raised the price they charge the boys to work there from R$ 10 to R$ 20. The effect was so dramatic that they had to lower back to R$10 on the weakest nights (Wed, Thursd and Sun) and kept at R$ 20 on the other nights. The outcome: The boys that do less business don't go on the R$ 20 nights anymore. The quality of the boys remains unchanged but the number is noticeable lower.

Monik (the owner) the most savvy person in this business apparently made a huge mistake raising the prices all over at once. Thursdays Wednesday and Sundays that used to be hit or miss nights are now totally miss, Tuesday still a hit boywise, but the house is no longer alive as it use to be, the dressing area looked particularly depressing. She is definitely making less money with the new higher prices.

It would be interesting if the members that go on a regular basis would keep this forum informed on this situation, after all quite a few members will travel to Brazil in the next few months.

In additional news on the same subject, despite Monik opening her flanks, Junior (owner of Point 202) did not take any advantage of the situation, immediatelly raised the prices by the same amount, and the higher prices probably will be substantially harder on him. A boy at 117 told me that he was at Point last week and there were more people on stage than in the audience. Junior makes all the mistakes he possibly can. Let's see how long the position of also-run is a sustainable one.

Meio-Mundo seemed to play smart and kept the old prices (R$ 35). Hard to know the outcome cause not many people that goes to 117 also goes to MM. Hopefully they will come out winners and make the facilities improvements they badly need.

Also regarding the subject of price increase: the timing could not be worse. Brazilian economy is not doing so well anymore. The numbers go from bad to horrible, finally catching up with the rest of the world. The dollar is very favorable to tourist: $2.15 on the official market, $2.30 on the black. O Globo newspaper had as a headline just a couple days ago: "Personal Consumption Way Down- The End of an Era"

• Members

thanks for the information

last night Tuesday was slower, and you are right they was very little wait time for free night. i thought it was just an off night

Have the boys started to charge more?

are there still 2 sets of prices, one local and one for tourist?

T

Guest parisrio2000

Gotti I was there for a few months through May. I went many times, largely to see my favorite, but I always kept my eyes open for new talent, etc.; I agree with you, but would add that there's much less turnover and new talent. The same boys came all the time, and I saw almost no one new, which was strange. And there were some nights, even Fridays, etc., that were almost empty. I hope they correct this mistake soon, because 117 is the best place I've seen in Brazil (or anywhere) and it would be a shame for this to happen...

They may also start losing their "top boys" soon if what you're saying is the case. Some of the guys who come there cash out by having a large number of clients per night, but if there are fewer clients it makes it less worth it for them to work at the club and more so to go "on retainer" with individual clients. It could become a vicious circle and a reputation, once lost, is difficult to regain.

I found 212 (or 202?) hellish when I went there a year or so ago, and won't go back until someone says it improves...

Guest parisrio2000

Tealady, the boys are charging more now than they were in 2009, etc., or before, when you could get a turno for 50 reais, whereas now that's almost impossible (unless you bargain it down to a 20 minutes turno or something). They charge closer to 100 now, and a few do charge more. What Gotti told you in the other thread is true, their price changes, but not specifically if you're a foreigner or a Brazilian. It has to do with the client, age, body type, race, etc., and it also has to do with the situation (e.g., if you're the one who goes up to them, they're likely to try their luck and ask you for a higher price).

One thing I would recommend against is strongarm negotiation tactics to save a measly 10 or 20 reais. I'm not saying you should get ripped off, but I cringe when I see foreigners do this. Contrary to what people on the internet think, and what tourists tell each other, the boys by now no longer see tourists as easy money; quite the opposite, tourists have gotten a bad name as cheapskates who will try to bargain a boy down no matter what. I believe this has happened because foreigners come there with the mindset that the boys are out to fleece them, and so they're really careful "not to get taken advantage of." The result is that you now have the boys preferring Brazilian clients, some of whom willingly pay more than what the boys ask, rather than foreigners, who they consider scam artists and cheapskates. I cringe when I see for example a grown man who owns an apartment in Ipanema complain to me in a rage about how he hates such and such 19 yr old boy because he wouldn't lower his price by 10 reais and how "it's not cheap!" because of the taxi and this other kind of stuff. I've seen a boy give the middle finger to a foreigner who came to offer him 50 reais.

My point is you shouldn't get ripped off or pay exhorbitant sums, but if you go there with a cheapskate mentality of "I'm going to bargain these boys down no matter what," you will not enjoy yourself, and you'll likely miss out on some good experience. I'm guilty of this myself, I remember with regret a boy I turned down some time ago because I thought he was "ripping me off," and later I found out that this was his market price, which he charged because he regularly got it. And for what amounted to a measly $20 at the time, I missed out on a good experience.

Anyway, point is, some boys do charge more, don't get ripped off, but also don't take it personally and keep in mind some relative measure of how much money is really involved here.

Guest parisrio2000

Wonder what I could get for 40. :rolleyes:

Disgusting picture, please erase...

But as for 40, it's possible to arrange for this price...I've seen a customer bargain a boy down to 40, but it was for a 20 minute turno...

• Members

Wonder what I could get for 40. :rolleyes:

tumblr_m6gldeDU9H1rtody6o1_500.jpg

I would like to be on the sidelines or standing directly over "the bottom" watching him take a "HUGE" finger or fingers. I'd break down and lick a hot hole {if clean and sweet smelling} prior to the insertions of the finger/s! {And no, I'm not sick; I have developed a keen interest in a hot ass to titillate; I like to hear the recipient squirm and pant and moan!}