Guest zipperzone

What's wrong at Tumblr?

Guest zipperzone

Being a picture-aholic, I am in the habit of using Tumblr blogs for my daily fix.

Today everything has changed there.

Previously a blog displayed thumbnails and one could surf the pics for the entire current month and access previous months by clicking on an icon on the top of the page.

No longer..

The "thumbnails" are now huge but only a very small selection of the current day's pictures are displayed. In addition the previous month icon is not working.

Any other of you guys finding the same trouble? If it stays this way it makes the blogs next to useless, IMO.

Guest zipperzone

They were purchased by Yahoo. So I suspect changes are coming.

Looks like they have already arrived. What ever happened to "if it ain't broke - don't fix it"?

Not anymore it isn't.

Still works for me; I checked just now.

The Archive view, if the month counter is set to June (latest), shows every picture, not just a sample. And from there I can scroll down the Archive page as far back in time as I wish, just as always before.

If I set the month counter to May, the Archive view shows every pic for May and previous. Etc.

Not sure what you're seeing?

Guest zipperzone

Still works for me; I checked just now.

The Archive view, if the month counter is set to June (latest), shows every picture, not just a sample. And from there I can scroll down the Archive page as far back in time as I wish, just as always before.

If I set the month counter to May, the Archive view shows every pic for May and previous. Etc.

Not sure what you're seeing?

I can't get the month counter icon to work. I click on it and nothing happens.

When I open a blog, all I can get is 10 to 20 of the very latest pictures. I can't understand why mine doesn't work the same way as yours.

Guest zipperzone

Odd. I'm using FireFox/Win7, if that matters.

In any event, I agree Yahoo is behind the decline and fall of everything. :hmm:

I have an iMac so I'm using SAFARI. Do you think that could be the problem? If so, how can I get around it?

Guest FourAces

Not anymore it isn't.

Works for me ^_^ In fact the few sites I do check out all still work. Maybe some setting changed on your end?

Guest FourAces

Yahoo does have a habit of ruining everything ... but I do not think they have had enough time to ruin Tumblr yet.

They have too busy destroying their email and home page to work on anything else currently.

Guest zipperzone

Here we go again. This time, when I try to log on to my bookmarked tumblr sights I get nothing but a blank white screen.
Have you any ideas as to what is happening? It's most annoying that I can no longer get my daily "fix".