RA1

Anti-fitness aka pizza

• Members

Actually pizza can be made more healthful (or less) but I don't think it will ever be an integral part of the food pyramid. However, if catsup is a vegetable, why not pizza as something good for you. ^_^

Actually I don't eat pizza more than 4 or so times a year. Here is the "problem". If I don't have anyone handy or willing to go out for a pizza then I must consider eating one at home. I have never found delivery pizza to be remotely satisfying. Some are better than others but none are that good. Grocery bought frozen pizza is very average at best but can be OK in a pinch. I know folks who buy a basic pizza and then add their own ingredients. Good for them. That can help.

There is a local outlet that makes the pizza to your preference but does not cook it. I find that the better alternative for cooking or eating pizza at home. Not perfect but a good solution.

One day I shall learn to make pizza dough and keep the ingredients that I prefer on hand for "truly home made" pizza, but that day is not today or tomorrow. ^_^

What do others think or what are your experiences?

Best regards,

RA1

My solution (when living in Beantown) was to have a friend who had a wood-fired pizza oven in his home and made heavenly pizzas for family and friends. ^_^ Ideal setup, worth the trouble of finding!

Failing that, have you tried frozen (refrigerated?) pizza dough? I have no idea if it's any good, but the refrigerated pie crusts are all right, if those are any guide.

• Members

I don't disagree about the frozen pie dough. My mother made Southern pecan pie as Christmas "favors/gifts" for many years which were sought after far and wide. She used frozen pie dough and still the pie was wonderful. ^_^

Otherwise your suggestion is a good one and I shall follow up. You may look for my report within the next few months. ^_^

I think your relationship with a Bean Town person is ideal. However flying to BOS for a pizza might be a little cost prohibitive (but likely worth it). ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

There is NO doubt I would rather have one of those delivery guys rather than the pizza. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I am willing to suppose you do not mean bing bong as in a door bell? ;)

Best regards,

RA1

I am willing to suppose you do not mean bing bong as in a door bell? ;)

Now what good would my doorbell (vs My Dingaling; viz. Chuck Berry :D ) do the pizza guy?

BTW, above I meant not the good frozen pie crusts available but rather the, I find, even better refrigerated ones now available from Pillsbury as well as many good store brands:

http://www.pillsbury.com/products/pie/refrigerated-pie-crust

They seem to cook up closer to homemade dough (ever a fraught proposition for any of us who do not practice the art ;) several times a day), and to boot come in packages of 4 so you have a top crust should the need or mood arise.

• Members

Adam Smith. The pizza boy delivered and then bit of your dong? Does he have teeth like Jaws from 007 films? How is that possible? And are you okay after this oral attack? Dare I say whole as in whole pizza, whole load or whole lotta calories?

• Members

Now what good would my doorbell (vs My Dingaling; viz. Chuck Berry :D ) do the pizza guy?

BTW, above I meant not the good frozen pie crusts available but rather the, I find, even better refrigerated ones now available from Pillsbury as well as many good store brands:

http://www.pillsbury.com/products/pie/refrigerated-pie-crust

They seem to cook up closer to homemade dough (ever a fraught proposition for any of us who do not practice the art ;) several times a day), and to boot come in packages of 4 so you have a top crust should the need or mood arise.

To announce his presence? ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

ihpguy-

Many, if not most, folks like a pizza after a period of recreational stimulants or the like. Some like to drink theirs and some like to smoke them. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

The last time I had a pizza delivered it was by a middle aged guy who was, unfortunately, the antithesis of the hot pizza deliery boy. A sign of the economy no doubt.

Just remember that pizza is the perfect food because you can create one with all the food groups required in our daily diet. So how can it be bad for you ^_^

The last time I had a pizza delivered it was by a middle aged guy who was, unfortunately, the antithesis of the hot pizza deliery boy. A sign of the economy no doubt.

Pizza man! ^_^

hill-street-blues.jpg

Just remember that pizza is the perfect food because you can create one with all the food groups required in our daily diet. So how can it be bad for you :smile:

Reminds of somewhat similar discovery right after college that quiche is the perfect meal because you can throw in everything that's about to go bad in the back of the fridge.

• Members

I never thought of that but I seldom have or had anything "about to spoil". It either had already or was suitable to eat "as is". ^_^

However, my sister would be a good candidate for this sort of recipe. She thinks things are still good well after another's nose has issued a spoil date report. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

However, my sister would be a good candidate for this sort of recipe. She thinks things are still good well after another's nose has issued a spoil date report. :smile:

My ex's mother is like that. "Oh, that's still good!"

For things that look like they may date from the Korean war. :sick:

• Members

Well, I know some who do. ^_^ But, so far, they have not expired. ^_^

Good luck and good greetings to them all.

Best regards,

RA1