Guest FourAces

Best Written TV Series Ever

Guest EXPAT

It might be well written but I find it predictable and boring. Any sitcom with a laugh track gets a channel change from me.

It's actually a live audience. I've been there.

Guest zipperzone

Another one has come to mind. How many remember "SILK STALKINGS" set in Miami and starring that hunk of hunks,

ROB ESTES? Haven't seen as much of him lately but in Silk Stalkings there were many scenes where he appeared in his tighty whities. YUM...

• Members

TY's point about Improv is well taken. As is RA1's similar point that performance is as important as the writing.

Here a slightly different slant -- a whack at the 50 most influential shows ever, courtesy the U.K. Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2311378/The-50-TV-shows-time-After-experts-named-influential-shows-guru-goggle-box-say-left-stonking-classics.html

... which list reminds that our lists above could also have included Fawlty Towers, Brideshead (swoon), arguably Python ...

When including the English series, We must not forget Yes, Minister & Yes, Prime Minister.

Guest PasadenaCA

Frasier, of course, especially during the Joe Keenan years. :thumbsup:

I knew Frasier would be mentioned somewhere on this site. I realized that last Tuesday was the 10 year anniversary of the series finale. It was a great show that I discovered in 2003. I have since seen the show, in its entirety, in re-runs.

P.S. If I already said this earlier, forgive, but of course a good bit of tight-budget '60s shows were live-to-tape, with whatever happened. My beloved Dark Shadows top of that list. There is even an episode or two where Frid muffed his lines so badly (which is really to say something! :lol: ) that he called out "STOP TAPE" -- but they did not. So it was broadcast that way.