Guest FourAces

Money Down The Drain

Guest FourAces

When I was washing clothes today I did not notice my wallet was in my pant pocket :( Now it seems that besides some important papers being destroyed I cannot find $1,600. :( :sad: :( Is it possible it washed down the drain?

• Members

I wouldn't think so. What kind of washing machine did you use?

I have done that before but I use a wallet that is held closed by Velcro so everything was in it but some of it was ruined from being wet. Of course USD will not be ruined by one simple washing. But you do you have to find them. :smile:

Best regards,

RA1

Guest FourAces

Its a very average side by side washer dryer about 6 years old ... top loader I think I bought them at Sears? Sadly the money ws in a envelope not my wallet :(

Guest NCBored

I doubt that it has drain holes large enough to handle a dollar bill - mine has drain holes that are probably 1/2" or smaller. Anything large enough to swallow bills would probably get clogged with socks, too.

Are you sure the money was still in the clothes when you put them in the washer? Could it have fallen out in the hamper or closet or somewhere?

• Members

I have found things I did not know were in my pant's pocket to be in the dryer. I never noticed them adrift when I moved a load from the washer to the dryer but when I finally missed whatever, there is was in the dryer.

Also it could be under your agitator. I mean the washer agitator, not your ex BF or someone else you know. ^_^ Usually that can be taken loose fairly easily to see what might be under it, although usually the spin cycle moves things from the center to the outer drum via centrifugal force.

Best regards,

RA1

Agree it seems very unlikely it went down the drain. My washer handles ladies' tiny stocking-material footlets (don't ask :lol: ) which are much smaller than a dollar bill, and they don't get lost or pumped out. Also I have a couple of times found loose dollar bills in the tub that came out of my pocket during washing but were not much the worse for it, and obviously did not leave the tub.

If it does not turn up under the agitator as mentioned, seems very unlikely it actually got into the washer in the first place.

• Members

I think a bigger issue is how someone "misplaces" $1600 in the first place. Must be real nice to have ALL that money just hanging out in a pants pocket that you forget about it ! I dont have that Luxury...... Wish I DID ! Woulda made for a Real nice Memorial Day

Boy-B-Q ????

Guest hitoallusa

I don't think so.. Dollars are very stable in the washer and it won't go down the drain like that... Did you look for some other places??? I hope you find your money..

When I was washing clothes today I did not notice my wallet was in my pant pocket :( Now it seems that besides some important papers being destroyed I cannot find $1,600. :( :sad: :( Is it possible it washed down the drain?

Guest AlwaysLookin

I agree with all the other posters. The bills couldn't have gone down the drain. Even Kleenex left in pockets will surface in the dryer. Keep us posted.

Guest hitoallusa

Not sure why that pic goes with your comment??? I don't get it... Lookin is one of the gentlest persons I know so it must be something funny but don't get it.. ^_^

Butt-15.jpeg

Whaddya mean the sixteen hundred

dollars went down the washer?

Not sure why that pic goes with your comment??? I don't get it... Lookin is one of the gentlest persons I know so it must be something funny but don't get it.. :smile:

Ze gentleman in ze picture is alarmed because he had been promised that $1600 at the end of the evening's fun & games.

ha+for+dummies.jpg

^_^

• Members

When I saw the picture but before I read the caption under it, I thought it might refer to "money down the drain" and I thought, profligate maybe but not necessarily wasteful. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

When I saw the picture but before I read the caption under it, I thought it might refer to "money down the drain" and I thought, profligate maybe but not necessarily wasteful. :smile:

Best regards,

RA1

As beautiful and tempting as that boy-chute is.....I would never agree that it was worth $1600...But then again VALUE is always relative to the individual. Its like when I pay $50 for a steak dinner and then say after I ATE it "well it was good, but was it THAT good"? I'd rather have the $50 bucks back.... I suspect my reaction would be the same with the butt-hole ! :ike:

• Members

Yes, value is relative. However, I try to avoid buyer's remorse. After the fact can lead to a learning experience but not much else useful or so I think.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Yes, value is relative. However, I try to avoid buyer's remorse. After the fact can lead to a learning experience but not much else useful or so I think.

Best regards,

RA1

But then again, on second thought, maybe I would pay $1600 for THAT hole if it came with a "side of fries and some A-1 sauce"....

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guest josephga

nah no way it went down the drain you would find pieces of the money and envelope in the washer.

I rarely keep money on me no more than a 10 or 20. I hide mine in a LE male tin lol

• Members

Absolutely. Being horny on a Saturday night with a limited amount available at an ATM sucks. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest FourAces

Hey all thanks for the info ... I had no clue how a washer drains and feel better knowing that the holes are a bit too small for the cash to get sucked out. I am completely useless when it comes to anything mechanical but have been able to dig out about half the cash. I have a friend stopping by tomorrow to help with the agitator so I can hopefully get the rest ^_^