Guest hitoallusa

Boy Scout accepts openly gay boys

• Members

Some commenters are suggesting it doesn't matter because boys of that age are not aware of their sexuality. That might be true of some 10 or 11 year old boys but the BSA boys go to 18. 99.9% KNOW by then, don't they? ^_^

There was no vote on adult leaders so there is some hope remaining on that score. However, I am not holding my breath.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest EXPAT

But they won't allow gay scout leaders. How can we view that as progress when we are still viewed as predators. Sorry but I'm not impressed at all. In fact I'm even more insulted.

Guest FourAces

Come on the entire vote was rigged ... they are staying at the GAYlord Hotel :P

A little progress a little late. It will be interesting to see where it all leads to. As for me I do not think too many young gay boys will be out .. though the numbers are climbing, for those coming out, a huge majority grow up in the closet.

...wish fulfillment???

National Organization for Marriage Reacts to Boy Scouts of America

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 24, 2013

"It's the beginning of the end for what once was one of America's noblest organizations." — Brian Brown, President, NOM —

nom_logo.jpg

Washington, D.C. — The following statement may be attributable to Brian Brown, President of the National Organization for Marriage:

"Today is a sad day for the Boy Scouts of America. They have succumbed to political pressure and abandoned their historic roots in what will prove to be a failed attempt to appease gay activists and corporate donors. Unfortunately, what they have done is said to the world that their oath no longer means much. Their decision to admit openly gay scouts will end up sexualizing the organization. I am certain that having changed their policy on homosexuality, it's only a matter of time before courts order them to admit homosexual scout leaders. Meanwhile, countless thousands of churches will very likely pull their sponsorship rather than endorse homosexuality, and the entire organization will begin to collapse. All of this is happening not because of a true grassroots demand of gay youth to be part of the organization but by an orchestrated political effort by gay activists who want to punish any group or organization that does not embrace homosexuality. It's the beginning of the end for what once was one of America's noblest organizations."

###

To schedule an interview with Brian Brown, President of the National Organization for Marriage, please contact Elizabeth Ray (x130), eray@crcpublicrelations.com, or Jen Campbell (x145), jcampbell@crcpublicrelations.com, at 703-683-5004.

Paid for by The National Organization for Marriage, Brian Brown, president. 2029 K Street NW, Suite 300 Washington, DC 20006, not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. New § 68A.405(1)(f) & (h).

http://www.nomblog.com/35300

• Members

Boy Scouts by definition cannot vote (not old enough). It is difficult in this country to have a groundswell of any sort without it being led by voters. Where are the responsible adults on every side of this issue? Brian Brown certainly is not one of them.

If diversity is the "salvation" of this country then gay BSA leaders are inevitable as well as desirous.

We shall see what "collapses" and one can only hope it might be bigotry.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest hitoallusa

Gays being accepted in our society can't be stopped and leaders of many religions will eventually have to find ways to accommodate gays in church. ^_^

Guest zipperzone

Gays being accepted in our society can't be stopped and leaders of many religions will eventually have to find ways to accommodate gays in church. :smile:

Who would even want to go to a church that finds a way to "accommodate" gays?

I certainly don't.

• Members

"The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) has unanimously approved a resolution to end the organisation's ban on gay adults working as leaders."

But, it still allows the supporting organization to decide for themselves whether or not to allow gay leaders.

The Mormon Church is one of the largest supporting organization. This decision still allows the Mormon Church to not allow gay leaders.

The decision "sounds" great but has little teeth in reality. I don't think this will have a significant impact. Hope I'm wrong.