Guest FourAces

Check Your County Now Double Check

Guest FourAces

Hmmm I have lived here for about 7 years and always thought the county I lived in was X. Turns out I have been wrong for 7 years I actually live in Q county.

On all legal documents, state and federal, I have always used X. No agency has ever questioned this. Well today I had to register my vehicle and when it said select county I did what I have always done X. But it would not let me move forward in the process. I called our tax office who handles registrations. They informed me its because I don't live in X county I live in Q county WTF?

Now I am not certain there was some redistricting or I was incorrect from the start. I find either hard to believe.

Guest NCBored

Hmmm I have lived here for about 7 years and always thought the county I lived in was X. Turns out I have been wrong for 7 years I actually live in Q county.

On all legal documents, state and federal, I have always used X. No agency has ever questioned this. Well today I had to register my vehicle and when it said select county I did what I have always done X. But it would not let me move forward in the process. I called our tax office who handles registrations. They informed me its because I don't live in X county I live in Q county WTF?

Now I am not certain there was some redistricting or I was incorrect from the start. I find either hard to believe.

At my previous address, my mailing address was the small town I was on the edge of, but I was actually in the city limits of an adjoining larger city (paying their taxes and using their services).

• Members

I found out several years ago one cannot "argue" with the USPS. A friend of mine was constructing a large facility on the airport and wanted a certain address for the "main address". That number was easily within the boundaries of the numbers adjacent on both sides. But they would not allow it and, in fact, no one got that number. He "got even" by not allowing a central mail box to be located on the ground floor for some 20 + tenants so the post person had to go upstairs to deliver the mail every work day. Both silly.

Someone sort of got it right, NC. You are using the services of one entity and paying taxes to the same. Sounds fair to me. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

My county is Los Angeles but city name may as well be a game of roulette. It doesn't actually matter out here unless you're in one of the few cities that succeeded like Burbank or Glendale. Everything else is just a post office name or something made up by a real estate developer. I prefer one name (adds slightly to home values), mostly it gets changed to a second name, and half the official stuff I get has a third name, simply Los Angeles.