Guest lurkerspeaks

Can't we all just get along?

Guest lurkerspeaks

It is such a shame that the two most popular threads here lately have both been about slamming Daddys. This is exactly what many of us came here to avoid. It is obvious that some people will NEVER agree and will NEVER get along. Fine. So be it. But I, for one, think the time has come for any further arguments, disagreements, name-calling, etc, go private so the rest of us can go back to enjoying our peaceful section of Wisteria Lane. I admit I have been guilty and have added my few cents worth in to the mix as well, and for that, I am sorry.

The owners here have been gracious enough to allow this bickering and namecalling to go on for as long as it has. To that-the lack of censorship, we should all be grateful. But there comes a time when it just gets old and tired. That time is now, IMHO.

I like it so much more over here because it has always been a place for meeting people with common interests. Sure, we might not agree on everything, but we respect each other enough to remain civil and adult in our contacts.

So, for what it might be worth, I say take the childish namecalling and temper tantrums back "over there" and let the adults enjoy this place once again..

Guest hitoallusa

Yes let's get long and not bicker. Life is short and I want to spend my time on happy things rather than dwell on the negative...^_^ I might try one more pair of shoes and walk around as if I own the place before I go to my next life...

• Members

It is such a shame that the two most popular threads here lately have both been about slamming Daddys. This is exactly what many of us came here to avoid. It is obvious that some people will NEVER agree and will NEVER get along. Fine. So be it. But I, for one, think the time has come for any further arguments, disagreements, name-calling, etc, go private so the rest of us can go back to enjoying our peaceful section of Wisteria Lane. I admit I have been guilty and have added my few cents worth in to the mix as well, and for that, I am sorry.

The owners here have been gracious enough to allow this bickering and namecalling to go on for as long as it has. To that-the lack of censorship, we should all be grateful. But there comes a time when it just gets old and tired. That time is now, IMHO.

I like it so much more over here because it has always been a place for meeting people with common interests. Sure, we might not agree on everything, but we respect each other enough to remain civil and adult in our contacts.

So, for what it might be worth, I say take the childish namecalling and temper tantrums back "over there" and let the adults enjoy this place once again..

I thought one of the accomplishments of this site was that people did get along. Good luck with that as I return to the sunny Ozarks to continue my retired life.

• Members

Lurker, I think that the response to the threads SHOWS they are topics that members have opinions on and want to discuss. I think we should be able to do so, even if there are differing opinions. Thats what these sites are about, and thats LIFE.

Of course we all CANT get along. Thats why there are wars, bigotry and hatred, so THAT question is overused and Ridiculous.

The point is to discuss in a civil way. Thats what being an adult is, not turning your head and walking away from something controversial. If you are looking to avoid Controversy and want Calm, DONT join a website. Those that Hide in life are HIDDEN. I dont choose to live MY life that way. I came to THIS site to be able to discuss things HONESTLY in an open forum. I am not looking for unamimous agreement or Ass-kissing, nor do I want to be attacked for MY views. I dont expect to "Tiptoe thru the Tulips". And I believe that the owners of THIS site allowing these discussions shows senitivity and maturity, as well as FAIRNESS, and I respect them for it. :thumbsup: .

• Members

Yes let's get long and not bicker. Life is short and I want to spend my time on happy things rather than dwell on the negative... :smile: I might try one more pair of shoes and walk around as if I own the place before I go to my next life...

hito, as your age, i hope you are wearing flats ? Stilletos can be dangerous :kiss:

• Members

Gosh, so how do we know these posts are really coming from Lucky? What if someone - or some thing - has commandeered his account over here too? :rolleyes:

1000px-HAL9000.svg_.png

I'm feeling Lucky today, Dave.

Lookin buddy, we DONT know, nor should we care.... Its all just good ole Entertainment...ON with the Show !

• Members

Let's put it this way, if some of the posters on this site were sitting at my momma's dinner table and made various comments as recorded herein, they would be asked to excuse themselves and go to their room.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I'll do my best to get along.

It could not hurt to chill a bit.

To carp and bicker just feels wrong.

Life's much too short for all that shit.

I'll try to be a kinder fellow,

Ignore all jibes, and let them pass.

But if you plan to harsh my mellow,

Please pucker up and kiss my ass. buttkiss.gif

• Members

I'll do my best to get along.

It could not hurt to chill a bit.

To carp and bicker just feels wrong.

Life's much too short for all that shit.

I'll try to be a kinder fellow,

Ignore all jibes, and let them pass.

But if you plan to harsh my mellow,

Please pucker up and kiss my ass. buttkiss.gif

If we ALL kissed each others asses, that would certainly Further the cause of getting along. :ike::phone: