Guest lurkerspeaks

And the new American Idol is........

• Members

Yup, after a boring, lacklustre season, Candice snatched the title and came out Victorious as the NEW American Idol. Well done and WELL Deserved Candice.

Mariah's performance seemed a bit Odd and off to me, but both Psy and Ms DIVA Jennifer Lopez killed it with their performances....

Suggestion for the New Season: skip the competition, just have a finale show and Crown a winner :queen:

• Members

WOW. Ratings were down 40% from last year's finale.

Thats because viewers were NOT invested in the contestants. My interest in the show has been waning over the years, and I was a BIG Idol fan..... Yes PP was a snoozefest, but does anyone even remember Lee Dwyze ??? Time for a shakeup !

Guest lurkerspeaks

IMHO, the biggest and best thing they could do is make the show about the contestants again and not about the judges. Ditch all the "celebrities" and instead get real music producers, etc as judges. Jimmy Iovine, regardless of what you might think of him, would be a much better judge than the current panel. Someone like Clive Davis would be another ideal judge. Granted, I am not that familiar with the music industry to know names of the people, but I think everyone gets my drift..

• Members

I don't think America did get it right. I liked Angie Miller. Kat McPhee had a great set of pipes. And I can never forget the mess that was the week when Jennifer Hudson and LaToya London were in the bottom two. The year that Fannie won.

• Members

I don't think America did get it right. I liked Angie Miller. Kat McPhee had a great set of pipes. And I can never forget the mess that was the week when Jennifer Hudson and LaToya London were in the bottom two. The year that Fannie won.

LOL IH, just because the winner wasnt someone YOU preferred, doesnt mean America didnt get it right. Between the 2 choices, I believe Candice was the better pick, better range and better personality. Kree always seemed to be "sour" and uncomfortable, but Candice OWNED that stage when she walked onto it. One must remember that there is more to being a singing Star than a Voice. Apparently Kree didnt have the WHOLE package. But no doubt she may sell a record or two.

• Members

I think Angie would be more commercial but Candice was the better singer.

Angie is a rocker chick, and Candice is a soul Diva. There was room for either one of them on the charts, but I think of the 2, Candice is the one that has the more versatility. She will get a weight loss deal from Weight Watchers, an endoresement deal from H&M and Mac cosmetics, an soon Hollywood will come calling with a movie deal, AND she will get the Oscar. Angie on the other hand was just snatched up to tour with Jessie J, and will continue to eat Cheeto's on a tour bus, rock out and jump into a mosh pit. Ah THE GOOD LIFE !