Guest lurkerspeaks

Memories of Mom

Guest lurkerspeaks

My mom wasn't a fancy lady. She was born in the backwoods of Arkansas. She never went to college. Just a "regular" girl. She married (twice) and had 4 boys and 2 girls. It turned out that two of the sons were gay. She accepted my gay brother and I without hesitation. We were always made to feel welcome as well as anyone we were dating/in a relationship.

Some of my mom's wittisisms--once, our male dog was humping the male cat.. and my mom joked, "Even my dog is gay".. and another time, way back in the 80's, when mom said, "All the time I thought I had 4 boys and 2 girls, and now I find out I had 4 girls and 2 boys". And the best of all times; My (straight) sister had a lesbian friend. One time the friend was talking with my mom and asking how it was that she could accept her two gay sons while the friend's mom could not accept her being a lesbian. My mom replied "God put them here the way they are. Who am I to question God. "

My brother (who was two years old than I) passed away of AIDS back in the early 1990's. My mom was by his bedside for the last 6 weeks of his life. She went with him to Metropolitan Community Church in New Mexico. She was a remarkable woman.

With Mother's Day tomorrow, I wanted to share my wonderful mom with others and ask others to do the same. Share your fond memories with the rest of us.

My mom passed away in 2005, but she will always be with me.

Guest hitoallusa

Your mom is awesome... I think I will use your mom's statement from now on..^_^ It took a long time for me to accept I'm gay since I grew up in a very conservative family.. ^_^

My mom replied "God put them here the way they are. Who am I to question God. "

• Members

There is a previous thread about remembering mom from a couple of days ago. BUT, more of this kind of love can never be too much, can it?

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

My Mom was a bat-shit crazy, manipulative harridan when the mood was on her (something broken in her head, I guess), but she loved me and tried her best to be supportive of a son she never really understood.

I loved her, she loved me, in the end we found ways to knock along together without leaving too many scratches or scars.

She's been gone 6 years now and I still miss her.

Guest hitoallusa

As Maggie Smith said in Downton Abby "I'm a woman, I can be as contrary as I choose" I think I understand a little bit of complex women psychology since I'm a bit like that too... ^_^ Being manipulative is not so bad as long as there is some kind of balance and love.. ^_^ Most of all we all love our MsGuy here...^_^

Especially ever crazy manipulative guy like me...^_^

My Mom was a bat-shit crazy, manipulative harridan when the mood was on her (something broken in her head, I guess), but she loved me and tried her best to be supportive of a son she never really understood.

I loved her, she loved me, in the end we found ways to knock along together without leaving too many scratches or scars.