wayout

Remembering Our Mothers

• Members

This Sunday is Mother's Day so just a gentle reminder to remember her, especially on that day, whether she is still alive or has passed.

My mom is in many ways in between. She is in her 90s and has dementia so she is still with us but isn't fully the same person I have known my whole life. Nevertheless she still has many aspects of her self that I remember so well and I focus on that as much as possible.

I have always had a great deal of respect for my mom because for most of my young life she was a widow raising a family of four on her own. During that time she managed to raise a fine group of young men (if I do say so myself), put them all through college, get her own college degree and still find love again.

I have never come out to my mom but other than that I don't feel anything has been left unsaid. So I enjoy every moment I can with her and will spoil her this Sunday.

I would enjoy reading others comments and/or special memories regarding their mom or how you may plan to honor your mother on that day, if anyone cares to share those.

1-1265210828PAhn.jpg

Guest hitoallusa

Happy Mother's Day...^_^ You have a great mother Wayout... ^_^ I love my mom and she has sacrificed so much for her children..

• Members

I wasn't going to read this because my mother passed last August at age 92. The holidays and special days are still tough for me. However, I agree about remembering all the good times as often as possible. We did crossword puzzles every week together until the last couple of weeks so she was mainly still there mentally. I enjoyed her all my life.

Thanks, wayout.

Best regards,

RA1