Guest rimchair

We dodged a bullet in November!

Guest rimchair

Rmoney Mittens gave a commencement speech you wouldn't believe. There enough people in the world!

""

Mitt Romney to college grads: Quick, get married, make a bunch of babies
Thursday, May 2, 2013 by: jennlouisew@gmail.com (Jennifer Wadsworth)
romney-300x188.jpg

Romney suggests you have a “quiverfull of children if you can.” (Photo via Associated Press)

Mitt Romney shared some questionable (though, if you’re into that biblical stuff, pretty righteous) advice with a gathering of college grads about how to live a full life.

Quoting scripture, Romney, a former Mormon lay bishop, told an audience of Mormon college graduates to “launch out into the deep” instead of ”living in the shallows.” In other words, go from zero to fruitful ASAP, he says. Find “the one,” join in holy matrimony and start pumping out progeny.

“If you meet someone you love, get married. Have a quiver-full of kids if you can,” the failed 2013 presidential candidate told 100-plus graduates ofSouthern Virginia University at their commencement last weekend.

Forget about waiting until you’re in your 30′s or 40′s, he continues. What, you want to start your life as an independent adult? Live a little? Travel? Maybe pursue one dream or another until you stumble into your own coming-of-age without a spouse by your side?

Those types, Romney dramatically remarks, “they’re going to miss so much of living, I’m afraid.”""

http://blog.ctnews.com/hottopics/2013/05/02/mitt-romney-to-college-grads-quick-get-married-make-a-bunch-of-babies/

Guest hitoallusa

He isn't completely wrong. If I were a straight woman I would bear as many children with my loving husband... My target number is five...^_^ For guys having a stable family helps them a lot. ^_^ I like Obama because he is a family man too...

• Members

Dodging a bullet....

No to nit pick but that was obvious at the time and much more so based on his and the GOP positions on the budget, the deficit, the safety net, foreign policy and much more. It is my firm belief that if Romney and the GOP had taken control of the White House and Congress this country would have been fundamentally changed forever.

His views of family life are inconsequential in that respect. If that counts as dodging a bullet then we dodged a Trident Class sub unloading all of its launch tubes against us, based on their announced policies. His quaint family philosophy doesn't show on the radar by comparison.