TotallyOz

Rhode Island becomes tenth state to make same-sex marriage legal

Rhode Island became the tenth state in the nation to legalize same-sex marriage after the state legislature approved the measure on Thursday. Gov. Lincoln Chafee is expected to sign the bill at 5:45 p.m. ET.

Last week both the Rhode Island House and Senate approved by large margins measures allowing same-sex couples to wed, but more votes were required after the legislation was tweaked. The law will go into effect August 1.

Iowa, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Washington and the District of Columbia allow same-sex marriage. Their combined populations, based on U.S. Census estimates for 2012, represent 15.8% of the U.S. population.

The addition of Rhode Island's 1,050,292 residents will nudge that up to 16.1%.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/02/tenth-state-set-to-make-same-sex-marriage-legal/

Guest hitoallusa

Great! I don't know which state I'm going to get married in... So many to choose from... I might as well get married in all 10 states..lol

Rhode Island became the tenth state in the nation to legalize same-sex marriage after the state legislature approved the measure on Thursday. Gov. Lincoln Chafee is expected to sign the bill at 5:45 p.m. ET.

Last week both the Rhode Island House and Senate approved by large margins measures allowing same-sex couples to wed, but more votes were required after the legislation was tweaked. The law will go into effect August 1.

Iowa, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Washington and the District of Columbia allow same-sex marriage. Their combined populations, based on U.S. Census estimates for 2012, represent 15.8% of the U.S. population.

The addition of Rhode Island's 1,050,292 residents will nudge that up to 16.1%.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/02/tenth-state-set-to-make-same-sex-marriage-legal/

Guest hitoallusa

The governor signs it into law... Congrats... I wish the best for gays who are now able to be united as one.