Guest FourAces

MIA MsGuy - RA - CharliePS - ?

Guest FourAces

I know a MsGuy has been brought up recently. But it seems as if we lost RA and Charlie as well ... maybe I am just missing their posts ... if you guys are reading this the sites speed issue has been corrected and hope all is well.

Guest CharliePS

On the one hand, it's nice to be missed. On the other hand, since I have posted here more often than usual during the past week, it's disappointing to be unnoticed. Oh, well.

I, too, have noticed RA1's absence recently from both sites, as well as from my email--perhaps he has just gone walkabout again.

• Members

4A-

You are so kind. However, I was not in MIA (Miami) but in MCO (Orlando) doing recurrent training. ^_^

I did and do have a slight difference of opinion with the owners and moderators of this site and one can only hope it will be resolved without difficulty. I am not pointing any fingers at them but sorry to say not so happy with some posters and their "pointed" references. I am almost an adult after several decades of trying and can take criticism but am not so good with nonsense. Some of you may agree. ^_^

I have missed posting on this board as there are many good posters herein. However, I think one old adage is it only takes one bad apple to spoil the barrel.

Regardless, I will take another stab.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

On the one hand, it's nice to be missed. On the other hand, since I have posted here more often than usual during the past week, it's disappointing to be unnoticed. Oh, well.

I, too, have noticed RA1's absence recently from both sites, as well as from my email--perhaps he has just gone walkabout again.

Don't worry Charlie. I knew right away that you had posted recently and I'm sure I was not the only one.

Ditto x 3 on MsGuy.

• Members

I have wondered about MsGuy for quite some time and I think he lives fairly near me (possibly 80 miles) but I have no known way of tracking him down even though I have tried to do so. This is one obvious problem of being anonymous. :(

Best regards,

RA1

Guest CharliePS

In the past decade we have all become captivated by the illusion that everyone is accessible through electronic social media, and any desired piece of information can be googled. My partner and I were introduced to one another by R, his ex-partner. In the 45 years since then, we have remained friends, albeit not close ones, with R, whom we visited at his home as recently as last month. A few days ago, we learned, by pure chance, that R died suddenly last weekend. We were shocked to realize that there was no one who would have notified us of his death, and no way we could find out any details (no obituary has appeared anywhere). He has simply vanished into our past. Likewise my former partner, whom I have searched for in vain in the years since our last mutual contact person died of AIDS.

I suspect we may never know why MsGuy disappeared suddenly from our midst.

• Members

However, I do believe that we know he had some chronic illness but exactly what and how severe is unknown by me. It is all too easy to conjecture that he either succumbed to his "problem" or became severely disabled by it or something else. I don't know what we could do about any of it but I am willing to add one more "worry" to my list.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

In the past decade we have all become captivated by the illusion that everyone is accessible through electronic social media, and any desired piece of information can be googled.

To each his own... but internet connectivity, social networking, etc can be utilized as a relationship in an of itself or as a means to enhance a new or already existing one in the "real world." I grew up in the days before the internet (just a few days though, I don't consider myself ancient... haha) and so my personal definition of a relationship involves face to face, phone to phone, a hand shake, a hug, a kiss. Not purely texting, not purely email, and certainly not exclusively xoxoxo. One of the huge benefits I found in this site and Hooboy's before this is that it facilitated the opportunity for me to meet like-minded (at least in one aspect of our lives) people in many different places in this very large world. As much as I love coming here and sharing information on the internet on a daily basis, that pales in comparison to the in person dinners, conversations, strip club outings, and trips I have taken with friends/acquaintances I have made on or through this message board. This dilemma of wondering what has happened to some of those who we have grown to "like" in this medium may serve as a reminder that we need to walk the extra mile to meet and enjoy them in person while the opportunity still exists.