BiBottomBoy

NBA Player Comes Out Of The Closet

Guest NCBored

I hope this is just the beginning! Maybe now that someone has finally taken a first step, others will will have the courage to follow.

Guest FourAces

I think football players will def come out but probably might see other NBA or MLB next. There have been some retired football players come out and the response from active players for the most part has not been too upbeat.

• Members

I think its noble for him to acknowledge WHO he is, but I dont think "comings out" have any affect on those individuals that dont embrace the idea of homosexuality. The coming out is more the person themself, and not for the public. Congrats to him for his "freedom", but his act wont make any major change in the world that wants to keep homosexuals and lesbians "down"....

Guest NCBored

I think its noble for him to acknowledge WHO he is, but I dont think "comings out" have any affect on those individuals that dont embrace the idea of homosexuality. The coming out is more the person themself, and not for the public. Congrats to him for his "freedom", but his act wont make any major change in the world that wants to keep homosexuals and lesbians "down"....

I agree that there is a hard core group of those who believe that homosexuality is a sin/abomination and who will not be swayed by ANYTHING, but I also think that many people don't feel very strongly one way or the other, and the more common it becomes for celebrities as well as friends and neighbors and family members to be openly gay, the more accepting those people will be, until it's not even noteworthy.

Interesting to see how this plays out...

NBA Reporter Calls Homosexuality A Sin On TV

ESPN basketball analyst Chris Broussard called being gay an “open rebellion to God” during the network's special report on Jason Collins coming out today.

posted on April 29, 2013 at 3:45pm EDT

mikehayes-29285-1237920851-2_large.jpg Mike Hayes BuzzFeed Staff

Earlier today, ESPN announced it was extending its investigative reporting show Outside the Lines one hour to discuss the historic coming out of NBA player Jason Collins. It got weird when Chris Broussard started talking about his religious beliefs.

[Video here that won't embed; see article link below]

In 2009, Broussard wrote an article on a former NBA player who came out, John Amaechi, in which he actually said "I think the NBA is ready for a gay player."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/nba-reporter-calls-homosexuality-a-sin-on-tv

Guest FourAces

I think it makes a difference especially to those sitting on the fence and to the young people today. It gives both groups a role model to acknowledge either their own sexuality or to accept others.

The hardcore haters are always going to be around. As long as we can keep their ranks from growing we shall be alright.

btw Collins wore number 98 last year as a tribute to Matthew Shepard, nice gesture.

Guest FourAces

ESPN basketball analyst Chris Broussard called being gay an “open rebellion to God” during the network's special report on Jason Collins coming out today.

Earlier today, ESPN announced it was extending its investigative reporting show Outside the Lines one hour to discuss the historic coming out of NBA player Jason Collins. It got weird when Chris Broussard started talking about his religious beliefs.

In 2009, Broussard wrote an article on a former NBA player who came out, John Amaechi, in which he actually said "I think the NBA is ready for a gay player."

The ranting also included he felt it was a sin if a man and woman slept with each other out of wedlock. Obviously he has some serious hardcore beliefs.

Guest hitoallusa

I think calling what God has created and brought to existence as something bad is a sin. I think every religion is afraid of heretics and false teachings... But these heretics and false teachings have been brought about by fear, irrationality and bias.

ESPN basketball analyst Chris Broussard called being gay an open rebellion to God during the network's special report on Jason Collins coming out today.

Via: Mike Hayes