Guest lurkerspeaks

Who else is watching Bates Motel?

Guest lurkerspeaks

Have you been watching this show? Has it gotten you hooked? What do you think of it? Is Norman the crazy killer or is it really Norma?

13869_452182811525643_664626411_n.jpg

• Members

I'm watching it and definitely hooked. One of the better series to come along in a while. I love the twists and turns, and the characters are great (plus the added benny of some hot guys like the brother and the cop). I look forward to watching it every week.

Guest AlwaysLookin

I'm hooked! BUT, I thought it was going to be a prelude to what happened in the original movie. However, it takes place in the present day. I was a little disappointed at first, but gradually came to accept that. It certainly is suspenseful! Some really good acting as well.

Why oh why did Norman have to save the murdered guy's belt!!

Guest lurkerspeaks

After Norma's "reveal" in last night's episode, is anyone else thinking that the version of the death (of the skanky old hotel owner) we saw in the early episode, might not be the "real" way it went down?

• Members

After Norma's "reveal" in last night's episode, is anyone else thinking that the version of the death (of the skanky old hotel owner) we saw in the early episode, might not be the "real" way it went down?

That is an interesting possibility, although I have to say I am not 100% sure the "reveal" was really how it went down. After all, it is from Norma and totally self serving.

Guest lurkerspeaks

That is exactly what I like about the show. It "reveals" something, but you don't really know if that is how it happened or if it is just one character's version. It leaves you guessing after every turn..Like I said in the original post, who is the most crazy, Norman or Norma?

• Members

I love the show. Reveals or head fakes...who knows? I think the set is wonderful. It makes me want to go back and watch the movie. I saw Psycho when very young and it freaked me out a little bit so I have never watched it again (The same thing happened to me after watching The Birds). I'm a big Hitchcock fan and have taken a continuing education course on him and his movies, so it really is strange that I haven't seen these 2 movies in approximately 40 years.

From the beginning I enjoyed the setting of the movie in present day. I continue to look forward to the development of this series. If you haven't given it a look then I suggest that you do.

• Members

I love the show. Reveals or head fakes...who knows? I think the set is wonderful. It makes me want to go back and watch the movie. I saw Psycho when very young and it freaked me out a little bit so I have never watched it again (The same thing happened to me after watching The Birds). I'm a big Hitchcock fan and have taken a continuing education course on him and his movies, so it really is strange that I haven't seen these 2 movies in approximately 40 years.

From the beginning I enjoyed the setting of the movie in present day. I continue to look forward to the development of this series. If you haven't given it a look then I suggest that you do.

I am also a big Hitchock fan and that course on him would have been fascinating for me. If you get Encore Drama, Psycho is on Friday, May 3 at 5:35am and 5:05pm, both est (the schedule at least on ATT Uverse).

I haven't seen it yet but there was a recent (2012) movie titled "Hitchcock" with Anthony Hopkins http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0975645/

Originally I was also worried, as another poster indicated, that being in present day would be an issue/problem for me to get into the story. Curious as to why they decided to do that but it does seem to be working out just fine for me. I also love the sets and I think the acting is top notch....The actress who plays Norma deserves an Emmy, imho. In the first episode I was impressed how much the actor playing Norman (Freddy Highmore) looked like a younger Anthony Perkins but was sure I had seen him before. I googled and then saw that what I recalled was his younger self in movies like "August Rush" and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". He's from the UK but no hint of a British accent in his portrayal of Norman. And I do think he is cute (and he is 21).

Btw, I reserve my right to change my opinion but at this point I think Norma is the crazier of the two. I think that Norman is relatively normal at this point but as things go on we will see how it is Norma who slowly drives Norman "psyco". One thing I am pretty sure of, I don't think we will see a post from hitoallusa saying he would want a son just like Norman :smile:

Guest FourAces

Based on all the positive comments in this thread I went to A&E's site to watch this program. Sadly and for no apparent reason full episodes begin at number 3 :( But after watching 3 and number 4 I feel I didn't miss anything to vital in episodes 1 & 2 (I hope). I will watch the remaining episodes tonight so I am caught up.

As for the program I love it so far. Others have already mentioned the highlights from some nice twists great acting and beautiful set design ... oh and a bit of eye candy too :P

btw I think Pink Floyd's Mother fits perfect here :o

• Members

Another great episode. Norman gets introduced to taxidermy in a creepy opening scene after losing the stray dog he had adopted to an auto/dog accident (he wants to stuff his dog of course). Norma tells Norman that he shouldn't have so many feelings. Check it out. Only 8 episodes in.